Reading books to passing time

Axtos

I'm sitting in my house.. i have got 20l water, tons of firewood and food for day's. It's daytime, the room is bright and i do... nothing. Because there is a blizzard outside. The third in the last two day's. Of course i can wait in my bed, but the cabin fever is dooming and it's unrealistic too. All stuff to repair are fine.

I wish i could pass time whitout the risk of cabine fever by reading of a good book. Most of the books should be novel's and if you read it you can pass (in steps) up to 20 hours in bright rooms.

If you read a book again you can only pass a shorter time because you know the book.

I have got more than 20 books here... and i want to read it.

Books as research items are on the roadmap list for June, so maybe you can start reading them sooner than you think. :winky:

Not sure, if that's going to help with cabin fever, though. Whether you contract cabin fever only depends on the relative time spent indoors vs. outdoors during the last few days. The game doesn't make a difference whether you perform activities (crafting, repairing, cooking, etc.) or just pass time inside, at least not at the moment. But this might possibly change in the future of course. 

10 minutes ago, Tbone555 said:

just.. read a book.

that's what i do. when theres a blizzard outside and im bored and just staring at the wall, i grab one of my old Stephen King novels from the top of the closet and have a good read while im waiting :D

Even in paperback format those King novels from the '80's are true door stoppers! The Stand remains one of my all time favorites of his novels. 

Now I'm into shorter novels, simply because I just don't have the time any more . . .

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 2:50 PM, hauteecolerider said:

Even in paperback format those King novels from the '80's are true door stoppers! The Stand remains one of my all time favorites of his novels. 

Now I'm into shorter novels, simply because I just don't have the time any more . . .

Full Dark, No Stars.

its a collection of several short stories by stephen king, compiled into one book. its absolutely flawless. the first story in the book is my favorite short story by him, about a farmer who's... cursing is not allowed on the forums, so i shall say "stuck up"
anyway, his stuck up wife wants to sell his land to move to the city. he and his son disagree. thats all im saying about it :P

as far as his longer novels go, i got REALLY into both Christine and Desperation :D

Archived