Prepper Cache, what prizes do they hold?

piddy3825

I never go looking for these things, so on the occasion that I do come across one, I usually quickly loot it and move on.  Today I thought, lets see what fortune awaits us and lets photo document our findings.    As I understand it, there are a couple of different item variations among the various random bunker spawns, with exception of the armory bunker which only spawns about camp office.  anyways, this isn't the camp office bunker, so what's inside?  

screen_b25e81bd-8ab6-46ed-a91a-3cc58ae52

Ever wonder Who put this here? and Why?  let's go inside!

screen_7af1e35a-2cc7-4993-b26b-0d3009ce4

Just as I found it...  I did have to pick up the lantern in order to light it, but I did place it back where I found it as I needed the light for the pic

Food and water, lots or chocolate bars and energy bars on the third shelf, canned goods scattered about, lots of water, tinder, matches.

screen_417ba2e1-1643-4dc9-a6ed-c8332590c 

Same for this shot,

sodas, energy bars, mre, jerky, whetstone, emergency stim, more water and another lantern.

screen_12026f0e-05a7-4f0b-8a18-d83bafd09

Whoa, whats this?  First time I ever found a bullet in the ventilation grate.  gonna start checking those more often, makes me wonder how many things i may have missed

screen_050b9ea3-462b-446a-9ca8-7255c144e

Check out Radiation logo in the upper left corner, sorry for the poor pic but I was wondering what's up with all these electrical plugs... there all over the place

anyways, most likely these abandoned prepper caches were intended to be used as fallout shelters, obviously they would be decades old, from the cold war days 

and that's why these tree roots look like they are 20 years old...

screen_abd0f055-4b7b-43f7-8da9-c4deffdb1

every where i look, light switches and electrical sockets...

screen_5deff458-e9a5-44f2-b8f1-c8d4eb981

more electrical plugs, and btw if you were wondering the file cabinet was empty

this bunker held quite a bit of food, in addition to a whetstone.  the bullet was the surprise.  I ended up chopping up the crates but nothing under them...

Electrical plugs implies a generator? wouldn't that be fun?  just need scrap metal, sparkplugs from one of the cars, a battery and some kerosene, fine quality tools...:jerry_can:

ps, the bed was comfy!

I have only found one bunker.  It's in an awesome location near the TWM climb, so I use it for storage.  It contained food and I don't recall what else.  I've long eaten the peanut butter, but I still use the lockers when I move between PV and TWM.

I've never seen this one.  Thanks for sharing!

10 minutes ago, Vhalkyrie said:

I have only found one bunker.  It's in an awesome location near the TWM climb, so I use it for storage.  It contained food and I don't recall what else.  I've long eaten the peanut butter, but I still use the lockers when I move between PV and TWM.

I've never seen this one.  Thanks for sharing!

Haha sorry man, but that bunker is a guaranteed spawn to use specifically for the the purpose you said :P (IE, its not a loot heavy, random spawn type)

Just now, Lrrr Ruler of OP8 said:

Haha sorry man, but that bunker is a guaranteed spawn to use specifically for the the purpose you said :P (IE, its not a loot heavy, random spawn type)

You sure about that?  I thought only one bunker spawned per map? I know there are other PV bunker locations.

The abandoned prepper cache (not much in it at all) is a permanent bunker that has been there since the Timberwolf Mountain update. There will also be the one additional random bunker spawn in Pleasant Valley.

Good point, @piddy3825, about looking in the ventilation grates. I stopped doing it because there was never anything there, and randomly decided to look again the other day and found a box of ammo. :)

1 hour ago, Lrrr Ruler of OP8 said:

1 hour ago, Morgan le Fay said:

the abandoned prepper cache (not much in it at all) is a permanent bunker that has been there since the Timberwolf Mountain update. There will also be the one additional random bunker spawn in Pleasant Valley.

Good point, @piddy3825, about looking in the ventilation grates. I stopped doing it because there was never anything there, and randomly decided to look again the other day and found a box of ammo. :)

Ok, I musta missed that bunker in PV.  If I just understood you all correctly, there is an "always spawn" bunker between PV and TWM in addition to the random spawned bunker?  I am gonna have to check that out on my next run up that way.  where about is it exactly?

28 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

Ok, I musta missed that bunker in PV.  If I just understood you all correctly, there is an "always spawn" bunker between PV and TWM in addition to the random spawned bunker?  I am gonna have to check that out on my next run up that way.  where about is it exactly?

It's a few feet from the rope to climb up to TWM, behind a fallen tree.

30 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

Yes, that is correct. It is located where Ruruwawa (above) notes. Have fun!

Hmm at the time, where there was only Mystery Lake, my strategy was to loot everything and make a base. Therefor i became an expert on all bunker spawns in Mystery Lake :) One location was changed a little bit over the time. And after pleasant valley became my favorite map, i know all locations there too.

So if you didnt know, here are a few informations about bunkers without spoiling too much:

In Mystey Lake and in Pleasant Valley there is always 1 bunker (in each map) that spawns randomly in one of nine possible locations. (9 locations in ML and 9 in PV). There are diffrent types of bunkers (Medicine, Tools, Weapons, Fire, Food) For example you can find directly close to the lake in Mystery Lake 3 possible spawns (medicine, weapons, food) The chance of finding a food bunker is higher than finding a useful one :)  because there is only 1 medicine bunker, 1 rifle bunker .... but multible food bunker (possible spawns)

The last few patches, i didnt went to the bunkers anymore because there is so much loot anyway that my playstyle changed to not looting anymore :P

EDIT:

If you want to keep your interest in the game, do yourself a favor and dont watch videos, maps where you see the spawns, find it yourself!!

I mean, if you have a basic idea of where to look for it, it is fine because than you still have to search for it. So when i say: If you stand on the lake than you can reach 3 possible locations within ingame minutes thats enoug information :P If you want a hint for the other locations, just ask here in the forum. There are a lot of people here to help you.

Unless it was changed in one of the updates i missed.

There is one guaranteed bunker spawn on map where player starts. Altho im not sure how it works if player chooses area that has no bunker spawns. Spawn location is randomly selected from around dozen spots. There is only 1 bunker per game(with exception of one in PW that is near entrance to TWM that is always there).

All bunker spawn points are off beaten paths, usually completely off. You wont find it if you go from point A to point B, like from Dam to Trappers Cabin. Most bunkers spawn in areas that are relatively hard to access, requiring some climbing and thinking.

Bunkers have specific loot themes, theres like 5 or 6 of them: food, meds, tools, fireams. Those seem to be fixed, eg each particular location has specific theme associated to it.

27 minutes ago, Dirmagnos said:

Unless it was changed in one of the updates i missed.

There is one guaranteed bunker spawn on map where player starts. Altho im not sure how it works if player chooses area that has no bunker spawns. Spawn location is randomly selected from around dozen spots. There is only 1 bunker per game(with exception of one in PW that is near entrance to TWM that is always there).

You can ignore this post, as i said: 1 guaranteed Bunker in Mystery Lake out of 9 possible locations and 1 guaranteed Bunker in Pleasant Valley in one of 9 possible locations. The Bunker at the rope to Timberwolf Mountain does not count for that. This Bunker is no secret and is always there. If you count this Bunker too, than you could say that there are 2 guaranteed Bunkers in Pleasant Valley - the one at the rope (it is always there) and the normal, hidden one that randomly spawns in one of 9 possible locations.

Pleasant Valley and Mytery Lake are the only maps with a Bunker. It doesnt metter where you start and it was always like that.

19 hours ago, MueckE said:

The last few patches, i didnt went to the bunkers anymore because there is so much loot anyway that my playstyle changed to not looting anymore :P

I know what you mean, but then again they did amp up the degradation rate on a lot of stuff which I think maybe helps to start balancing some of the perceived excess.  It does seem that there is a little less in every interior location since the big update, but since there are so many interior locations, you're right, there is a ton of stuff.  my looting is a lot more selective now as well, I admit.  I'm kinda adapting my play style to be a little more nomadic, so I tend to set up multiple staging areas where i can leave things behind.  If I get back that way eventually, maybe they will still be there...

Archived