*SMOKIN!*

June

I also prefer realism, but, on the downside, I won't get back the experience I had early in the game...

Early in game development, when there were fewer maps... I was holed up in the forestry tower, with plenty of what I needed. Went outside and down the stairs for some bad reason at night, and fell off the back side of the mountain like an idiot. Totally lost, night, injured, snowing hard... I started walking, and kept going, over hills, down gullies, I had no idea where I was. Health failing fast, snow getting thicker... I was starting to figure this was it, and at that moment I saw a thin, irregular trail of smoke overhead. This was way early in the game development, and in my hours logged, and I hadn't been to trapper's yet. Still, I figured that the smoke had to be from a chimney, and I followed it through the snow. I found myself on the back ridge overlooking trapper's cabin, barely alive, but with shelter in sight! The well stocked hut was like a godsend at that point, when I didn't even know the location was there... Those early adventures were some of my most memorable plays, and I miss that... even the 'phantom smoke'.

Yeah those were the good times.In my current main save (started more than a year ago) I've been moving all my stuff from Desolation point through Coastal Highway to Mystery Lake. It took me 4-3 ingame weeks and I'm nearly finished. I wanted to go back to the good old Mystery Lake experience. It feels nostalgic but I do notice some differences. Love that map, I know every detail of it. :D

Eh Blinkin...  I've been doing the same thing.  I too miss the original map and have spent enough time in the world to be satisfied and want to go back.  Timberwolf mountain is my new nemesis and I finally was able to survive there for 20 days and made it to the summit for the first time, but I've decided to head back to Mystery Lake.  I just feel more comfortable there and it reminds me of the first time I started the game a year ago.  I hope I get that feeling when the story mode is released and I start it up for the first time.  This game is getting more epic and I'm loving this ride.

On 4/27/2016 at 5:20 AM, June said:

Has it finally happened, have my dreams come true? Trapper´s Cabin Chimney only smokes when you light a fire inside? It seems like it, no? :x

The mountaineers hut does too!! Rejoice! :love:

Now, do we have a trail of inky black smoke rising from the riken when running the forge? I've always thought we needed it.... I gotta go check...

Sam

Archived