personal hygeine, anyone?

Tbone555

5 hours ago, Wastelander said:

The thing about hygiene is that it'd probably destroy the game's T-rating when implemented and also make the game the target for a lot of silly jokes. While I do enjoy silly jokes (and I'm the first to admit that I am also a leading producer of silly jokes), we have to think about Hinterland's - and our- reputation here

i think this game's reputation dropped every time i told the title to someone. there is not one human being in existence i know, that did not make a genitalia joke every time i told them this games title. not one.

in seriousness, however, this hygeine mechanic would have to be implemented in a way that doesnt show nudity. as suggested above by you and others, maybe a quick washing of the hands or a quick face-splash from a wash basin would be fine - just give us SOMETHING. you cant go years wallowing in filth without some consequences. in this game, it's perfectly acceptable to lie down on a rug made of fresh deer guts as you eat an MRE with your bare hands - which were previously used to gut that deer not 10 minutes earlier. there should really be some kind of punishment for that xD

I role-play that my character is already doing all of these things. Minutiae. I'd rather the game resources and my attention be focused on more important things. Like erratic wolf behavior. I don't need a game to tell me to wash my hands after butchering a carcass. 

I mean, in my real life these are things I just do without thinking about them. So in the game I role-play that all of this is going on off-screen. Doesn't bother me none.

• 1 month later...

hello, I think it's really important to add the hygiene to the game because it's a crucial part of survival. For example, you've walked 5km in the snow, your feet will get wet, if you don't dry your feet, your socks and shoes by the end of the week you'll have fungus on your feet and in your shoes, if you don't treat that in less than a month the pain won't let you walk much less carry a backpack with 30kg of gear.

5 hours ago, rikard said:

hello, I think it's really important to add the hygiene to the game because it's a crucial part of survival. For example, you've walked 5km in the snow, your feet will get wet, if you don't dry your feet, your socks and shoes by the end of the week you'll have fungus on your feet and in your shoes, if you don't treat that in less than a month the pain won't let you walk much less carry a backpack with 30kg of gear.

Very good point about foot care. That would add another affliction to the game. :-)

Archived