Do bears respawn?

Hesha

Is my observation correct that there is only ever a single bear on an individual map and that he never respawns?

I have played a couple of games on ML now and in every given game, there was only one bear on the map (there seem to be only three locations a bear CAN be) and once I killed it, there was none.

So, does that mean in order to get my bedroll I have to travel to another map?

On what difficulty? Bears respawn after 4 days in Stalker, or close to that. I think there may be two bears in ML, the one on the far end of the lake who lives in the cave by Lone Cabin, and one around the unnamed pond (or is Unnamed it's name such that Unnamed Pond is a pond named Unnamed? Fun.) But bears now all have dens, and I haven't gone looking for a den near the pond that may or may not be named, so maybe that's the same bear. Regardless, they should respawn, yes, no need to travel for that.

Oh my gosh! I forgot the bear near Trapper's Lodge. He has his own cave, too. So, yeah. Three. Or two if the pond bear is just the Trapper's bear having wandered a bit.

In that case there must be four bears in total. I have seen on at the billboard for the forestry lookout in Clearcut. Down between the tree stumps and the stacked logs.

But the time I shot the bear on the lake, he didn't come back, not even after more than 20 days. Neither did the bear in my current game, where I shot him in the derelict barn near trapper's cabin. 14 or more days have passed since then.

So far, as far as I can tell, there has only ever been one bear on the whole ML map, once I killed it, there was no bear. In my current game I have killed the bear nearby Trapper's Homestead more than two weeks ago and have since checked the unnamed pond, far corner of mystery lake and the base of the lookout tower. Are there more spawn locations? I would like to make the bedroll, but I don't want to leave ML.

Archived