Redundancy

justsomeguy

The value of scrap metal in the game has plummeted for now, as has the value of tool boxes and fir wood. This is the way it goes. The game is quite complex already, and introducing new features is likely to influence a lot of things. Maybe other mechanisms will be added that make the items mentioned above more valuable again.

The value of scrap metal in the game has plummeted for now, as has the value of tool boxes and fir wood.

This was my thinking when I posted this. Scrap metal was way too abundant once the hacksaw was introduced, so a correction seemed necessary. I didn't think about fishing hooks (as was pointed out to me in another thread) so i figured toolboxes were useless. I was just surprised that a few major things were changed yet no one was talking about it. I'm guessing everyone just went balls deep into the new level.

The value of scrap metal in the game has plummeted for now, as has the value of tool boxes and fir wood.

This was my thinking when I posted this. Scrap metal was way too abundant once the hacksaw was introduced, so a correction seemed necessary. I didn't think about fishing hooks (as was pointed out to me in another thread) so i figured toolboxes were useless. I was just surprised that a few major things were changed yet no one was talking about it. I'm guessing everyone just went balls deep into the new level.

Yea tool boxes are kind of nerfed down a little, Either new equipment should be introduced like fishing poles, pickaxes, shovels which will require toolbox to repair them or they should include the toolboxes in making some of the custom clothes instead of requiring sewing kit, or req. both I'm cheering for new tools which would be awesome, that's what draw me to this game the different tools mechanic not been able to destroy pillow if you don't have knife that kind of mechanics are great I hope in the next update they introduce a bunch of tools, and call it the toolz update hehe :) that would be ton's of fun. Also I will not name but plenty other survival games stole this idea from TLD to lock certain things if you don't have the correct tool or get less resources if you have the wrong tool, so I hope that they will continue this tradition and give us even more tool interactions thus cementing this mechanic as TLD trademark :)

• 1 month later...

Things not stacking was a bug that I think is fixed.

Scrap metal is also used to make arrow heads and the improvised tools in the forge and fishing hooks at the crafting table.

There is a big difference in the importance of scrap metal from a few months ago before the hacksaw was implemented. It was needed to repair many more things that it is now not needed for (gun, knife, etc.) It used to be pretty rare and you would have to manage it carefully, but now there is a shit ton of it and hardly any use for it comparatively.

This imbalance is just a part of the evolving Alpha. In the next big update, scrap metal might be precious again, then the next update after that worthless again, then precious, then worthless, for however many updates it takes as with any of the items. That's just the way it goes with Alphas and I'm sure it will be much more balanced in the future when Story Mode is released. Balancing updates, bug fixes, mechanic tweaks, and maybe even item additions and (hopefully) new areas will continue to be added after full release just like any game with a good dev team and large player base.

Archived