Bow hunting

Amazombie

So i never really messed with the bow much since finding the sticks needed was a pain and arrow heads etc, now that they are craftable its a bit more of an option. Side note: the sticks is still a pain lol

My question thou is this. Are there any tips on this. While I love the games realism, I"m not a bow person. I thought of practicing, but noticed it damages the arrow.

Second question does targeting matter? Headshots vs lungshots, etc.

Hey! Practicing is definitely what helped me the most. It's true the arrow is damaged, but if you have at least one to spare, it will likely be a great help. I usually practice on the dog house beside the farmstead in Pleasant Valley. There might be suggestions other players can offer that won't cost you a bow.

To answer your second question: Yes. Hitting a "critical zone" will definitely make a difference.

If you want to practice shooting bow and arrow, start a new game in pilgrim. Makes it a lot easier to get the saplings you need, craft the arrowheads at the forge and make a whole bunch of arrows to practice with.

Another thing to note is that hard surfaces (trees, buildings, rocks) damage the arrow more than soft surfaces (snow mound). So if you want to get the most out of your arrows, use a soft target to practice. But hard targets may make it easier to see if you hit the spot you were aiming for.

best way to practice is to save your game where you want to practice at then fire away until your arrows are used up. then reload your game. your bow and arrows are in perfect condition. repeat the process as much as you like. my favorite target range is deadfall area. the burned out cabin is a perfect base and the surrounding stumps are perfect targets, all nicely arrainged at different ranges and angles. best to do this in pilgrim, tho. a couple wolves call that area home and you dont want to risk an attack.

Archived