The Long Dark Sandbox Alpha Hotfixed to v.271

bethany

The Long Dark Sandbox Alpha Hotfixed to v.271

We've just hotfixed The Long Dark to v.271 to address the following issues:

* Fix for crash that could occur in Coastal Highway when approaching mine entrance. (This is not a known issue for XBox One)

* Fix for intermittent crash in Camp Office and Rural Store.

The following issues/fixes exist only for XBox One players:

* Improved framerate in outdoor levels

* Fixed heavy slowdown caused by too many footprints being left by wildlife

The following issues were fixed for Steam players in our 270 hotfix:

* Fixed issue with rifle not aiming straight ahead when turning camera

* Fixed bug with Reishi Tea sometimes not providing medicinal benefits

###End of Changelist###

Can a Mod respond to this issue about the reverting back to an old save. please see my above post. is it a known issue, are you guys working on it, will it be part of a future fix....something.

So far there have been a couple of posts about this issue and I have yet to see any Hinterland peeps reply/comment on it.

Thank you

Can a Mod respond to this issue about the reverting back to an old save. please see my above post. is it a known issue, are you guys working on it, will it be part of a future fix....something.

So far there have been a couple of posts about this issue and I have yet to see any Hinterland peeps reply/comment on it.

Thank you

The original thread already had notation of the Bug Ticket #2759 in the title and as a post. Your duplicate issue report was also merged with that thread.

Thank You

Thank you for the response. What seemed to work and this is after deleting the game and reinstalling it it still kept reverting back to the old save, what I ended up doing was getting my adventurers, from the saves that it was stuck on, killed so that it would delete the save and that seem to fix it where I can now make new saves. Have you guys thought about also having the option of deleting your saves

Have you guys thought about also having the option of deleting your saves

If you want to delete a save, simply start a new game and choose the desired save to overwrite. We have received feedback on manually removing saves and have passed it along. Thanks!

Have you guys thought about also having the option of deleting your saves

If you want to delete a save, simply start a new game and choose the desired save to overwrite. We have received feedback on manually removing saves and have passed it along. Thanks!

I did not see the option when I created my new games on the Xbox One. Is that a feature? I will pay more attention when creating a new game to see if that option is available.

Thank you for your response.

This fix is now live for XBox One

I did not see the option when I created my new games on the Xbox One. Is that a feature? I will pay more attention when creating a new game to see if that option is available.

Thank you for your response.

Yes, features for XBox and Steam are identical.

IN V.271 ....Took a metal shelve apart in the lighthouse and ...well the books never dropped to the floor.

This lighthouse MUST be haunted.... :)

Yes, it's a ghost in the form of a bug!

Please make sure you report bugs and technical issues in the appropriate forum, if you have not already done so:

viewforum.php?f=96

Though I believe this particular issue is one we are aware of.

I love what Hinterland has done with this amazing game. Its immersive, difficult without being cruel, and entertaining. I am curious as to when or if more crafting components will be introduced? and/or will more variations of tools be brought forth (A woodcutting axe as an upgrade from the hatchet)?

I look forward to seeing what will come in future. Keep up the good work.

IN V.271 ....Took a metal shelve apart in the lighthouse and ...well the books never dropped to the floor.

BA730D7FE609A18FFCEA4D77137438C07AB48C57

This lighthouse MUST be haunted.... :)

I had the same experience regarding the clipboard and book on the shelf, you can always take the book, but the floating clipboard "bug" will remain. Instead of listing it as a problem, I have been using it as a "self levitating stationary platform," after all, there was a geomagnetic event that brought me here in the first place, so there must be some residual energy being focused thru that point in the light house, hence the self levitating stationary platform... So now I set my lantern or burning torch on it when I use the upstairs as my storage and repair staging area in the light house. you get so much more light dispersion when your illumination device sits up higher in the room than when it is placed on the floor. Since that bug didn't really affect gameplay, I figured it wasn't an issue.

While i love all the improvements since the DP update, there is still one major issue that has yet to be addressed (at least on XB1). Font size! Current font size for the target cursor and item descriptions is way too small. I play on a 32 inch plasma and cant read the descriptions from more than 2 feet away, and my chair is about 8 feet away. Font size needs to be increased or an option added so the player can adjust fonts to personal prefrences. IMHO, no font in the game should be smaller than the one used in the transition screens. I think more contrast is needed, as well. Trying to read white lettering against a snowy background is challenging, to say the least.

Please address the font size, it would be so helpful to actually be able to read the messages that flash across the screen.

Also, i have yet to be able to choose a save slot to overwrite on XB1. Does this option only become available when all 5 slots are full? I would like the ability to just delete a save whether all slots are full or not.

Archived