random gen maps?

megamillionare

it would be amazing if you could make random gen maps that actually have transitions so like its possible to just leave a map and enter a completly new one and then another without losing your stuff each map would have one transition area where you just go 2 maps ahead or 2 maps back. this would be an amazing feature virtually allowing you to survive forever. :lol:

Hinterland has a clear vision on this: they want to make great looking well balanced maps that all have their specific look and feel and play style. That is not possible to achieve with generated maps.

As I said, this is the realm of dreams, but if it were possible a gamemode where your survival depends on your ability to never stop would be amazing for me.

No stationary houses where sleep or hole up, no stacking up on food and fast decay of resources.

You'd be forced to find the passage to the next randomly generated map or die because the resources of the one you're in have all dissipated.

A very different more frantic playstyle, one I think I would enjoy. One where you don't ever know what to expect because every map is new and you don't have landmarks to guide you.

• 4 weeks later...

also lets say it was going to be added in... to make it easier it could be the same map every time just with a different layout like this % for this house to spawn here or this % to make some guy pop up here but every map with have a large lake but i guess you could do this % this lake might spawn over there or over here or something :D

Already exists, kinda. Not every building is active in any playthrough. Items random in location and distribution. Preexisting corpses, saplings, and bunkers have multiple possibilities.

Could go further without much difficulty. Multiple possibles for wildlife spawn regions (possibly overlapping to reduce predictability of safe areas)? Multiple possible locations for a specialized building? Alternate rock formations or skylines?

More?

Archived