Ten Years

Happy birthday! TLD! Thank you for the endless night that has brought me infinite happiness! Since I registered for Steam, the first game I bought was the long dark. Sometimes when I come home from work at night and feel exhausted, I always open this game that calms my mind. Collecting food and running my long dark life make me forget that it is not easy in real life. Thanks for the long night, I will always support you! ! !

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

I played the long dark for about 200 hours, and was very happy with it. And I thought I was done with the game, and extremely satisfied with it.

And then custom mode came out. As I far as I can recall, this was a mode that was never promised. Now I have almost 1000 hours in the game and I know I'm not yet done. The redux of story mode got me to play through the entire thing, in awe of how much it had improved over the first somewhat mediocre version.

This is an amazing studio, making an amazing game. And while not I or anyone will agree with every decision the devs make, this is one of the longest lasting games I have ever played. I've played it longer than any Total War Title, than World of Warcraft, than any of the games that I played and enjoyed for YEARS but eventually got tired of.

I have never gotten tired of The Long Dark. In part because content keeps getting added, for free, but also because of how well the base experience has been designed.

Thank you for all the great memories.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

Congratulations on your 10th. I have now played 1660 hours and with the current run 550 days. I love The Long Dark. For me the game is the epitome of freedom, you can do whatever you want or whatever is on your mind. You are always in the middle of things thanks to the good, very realistic sound, the beautiful landscape and the animals. The weather is phenomenal, the best thing there can be in a game. The updates are often a surprise in a positive sense. The work is done with dedication and everything fits together so well and is balanced. Every map has its positive sides, but also some challenging ones. I'll stick with it and hope there's more to come. Good luck

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

Congratulations to all of you at Hinterland! I love this game, and have come to love this place that only exists in our shared imagination. I have more time on this game than any other, and I've been playing video games for a long long time (I first encountered Pong in a friend's basement on the original hardware in 1978). Just an amazing accomplishment for you all, and to you in particular @Raphael van Lierop

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Happy 10th Anniversary !!

I found The Long Dark quite late in it's history, but was immediately enthralled and quickly immersed in the world of Will & Astrid & Great Bear Island.  Played thru Wintermute first and then ventured out into the "wilderness".  Still prefer to be a "pilgrim" and simply enjoy the beautiful landscapes, the hidden secrets and the challenge of starting a new run.  I have played for many (many, many) hours, but still find something new all the time.

Thanks for everything! Kudos! Well Done!

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1