Worst Base Locations?

Pencil

What is your least favorite or worst base location you can think of? Of course, it should be a place with an interior or at least a windbreak from all directions (not a random spot in the wilderness haha). What is a place that would be difficult to survive several weeks at? 

I'm achievement hunting on my Stalker run and I'm working on 500 days. Things are getting boring so I need a good challenge base to try to survive at. 

High Peak at Sundered Pass has to take the award, surely.  There's a lean-to shelter with space for a bedroll, a fire barrel, shelving, a workbench and some storage space... but absolutely no fuel or game whatsoever, and it's a long trek with several rope climbs to get there.

The view is pretty incredible, though 😎

• Upvote 4

The Gold Mine in Ash Canyon would probably be an awful place to have a main base. The loot in the immediate vicinity is lacking and if you leave to go anywhere you’re gonna have a hell of a time getting back. Probably more of a frustrating inconvenience than a fun challenge though.

• Upvote 1

I don't think it's the worst place as such ,but the fishing hut in sundered .... Possible moose,bear and twolves surrounding it.. but not much in other resources like wood could make it very tough without having to  trek for some supplies....

• Upvote 1

I've been working on a table ranking all the shelters in TLD over the past few months (maybe I'll upload it one day), so here's my advice based on the four most important qualities of a safehouse: climate (air temperature & wind shielding), cooking (campfires & stoves), crafts (workbenches & forges), and comfort (bedding).

If you're looking for a chilly, dangerous, but industrious safehouse, I'd recommend either the Old Spencer's Homestead (Forlorn Muskeg) or the Cook's Farm (Blackrock). Both have stoves for cooking, workbenches for crafting, and bedding for sleeping, while being exposed to the elements and stuck in the middle of wolf territory (the Homestead's bed is shielded from the wind, and has a forge, but is patrolled by regular wolves, while the Farm is nearby the warm trailer at Foreman's Clearcut, and has a moose spawn nearby, but is also patrolled by timberwolf packs).

If you just want to be frozen and miserable, go try and get a good night's sleep at the Secret Mountain Path (Bleak Inlet). All that's there is a pine bough bed on an exposed cliff face: no place to shield a campfire from the howling winds, no nearby workbenches, no accessible hunting grounds, & only one safe path to access it (which goes through both timberwolf & bear territory).

For me ıt’s Fallen Lighthouse and Last Resort Cannery in Bleak Inlet. It’s so so far away and have lots of thin ıce area. I like higher place ın BI like Pensive Lookout and Echo One Radio Tower.

Also Mountaineers Hut (This base has a lot of fan in forum) Not a fan of Timberwolf Mountain so The Mountaineers Hut is only a temporary base for collect all stuff in TWM and AC and go to PV.

I have so little time around DLC area (only around Airfield) soo ı just thought about old maps.

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...