Favorite animal?

What's your favorite animal?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do you mean in general or to hunt? Or even just design/mechanics?

To hunt mine is the moose..   but otherwise I'm obviously a bunny lover,though the regular wolves are kind of cute when they're running around scared lol...

• Upvote 2

I am the one who choose Crows.

The only animal on the list that we can see, hear, and get gifts from (finding feathers, showing where carcasses to harvest are laying, where corpses to loot fell and took their last breaths...), but we can't directly interact with.

They are both harbingers and messengers, and I think many people may miss their importance in the game lore- in Survival Mode, but more so in Wintermute Story Mode. They are ominous, but also helpers- so I love them, probably more than I should. image.thumb.png.54982f710a9a87a958b8afeca2ec2061.png.79dfb5b94fbe52c459f8c85a91e8ddad.png

Edited by ThePancakeLady
Finished A thought I had left unfinished...
  • Upvote 7

Poor misunderstood poisoned wolves getting no love. 😧

And no one giving any love to the OP for creating the poll... 😞

Edited by ThePancakeLady
I gave the poisoned wolves no love by accidentally deleting them from the original post...
  • Upvote 3

I would love to give more AI to the animals to make their behavior and interaction with each other more natural. For this reason the timberwolves and their herd behavior and player harassment seem to me the most interesting.

I love the Great Bear rabbits. I try to keep some as pets wherever I can - Blackrock Maintenance Yard is my favourite spot! Since playing TLD I have definitely become more fond of bunnies IRL. I think it's because they are the closest thing to pets in the game. Shame about how often I need to murder, eat and skin them really! 😄

• Upvote 2

On 7/22/2024 at 2:45 AM, ThePancakeLady said:

I am the one who choose Crows.

The only animal on the list that we can see, hear, and get gifts from (finding feathers, showing where carcasses to harvest are laying, where corpses to loot fell and took their last breaths...), but we can't directly interact with.

They are both harbingers and messengers, and I think many people may miss their importance in the game lore- in Survival Mode, but more so in Wintermute Story Mode. They are ominous, but also helpers- so I love them, probably more than I should. 

Yes, the crows are great - whenever I hear the cawing I have to stop, look around and make sure I'm not missing something nearby.

Currently I'm in Sundered Pass and some circling crows have me perplexed, trying to figure out how to get to them!

I'd love to see a few more animations for the crows - nothing too special, maybe just seeing them taking off from a fence, rooftop or railing (or away from an animal carcass) as you get close.

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@PilgrimReaper Since around Last Horizon, the ptarmies now sometimes land again after they've flown up. They seem to be more inclined to hang around and generally interact in a more pleasing way. Means it's much easier to get multiple kills on a covey pre-bow, whereas before it was always going to be one kill at most.

Edited by xanna
Tag
  • Upvote 1