TLD in "real life" moments.

I just wondered if other people play TLD quite a lot and suddenly have moments in real life where you see something that looks like food or materials and momentarily wonder if you should pick it up. The other day I saw some offcuts of wood dropped on the road and my brain just went "reclaimed wood." Today, I saw loose potatoes and thought, "mmm cooked potatoes, calories, warmth bonus, yoink!"20240711_122348.jpg.7486c4529ca528162515c558c6a675bc.jpg

• Upvote 3

Oh, absolutely! We drive by MASSIVE patches of cattails (30 in a single patch, nearly a week's worth of food!) on the way to school and the school itself has another huge patch of cattails in it's backyard. Maybe this fall semester I'll get my heavy-duty boots and thick pants (because of thorns and possible snakes) and harvest some...

• Upvote 5

I've had a habit of calling soda IRL by it's TLD counterpart for the longest time. 

One time I ordered off of Door Dash, and the driver had to call me, and get a different drink from the place, since what I originally ordered was out of stock. I just shouted on the phone "Oh okay, just get a Snappy Orange Pop then" and the driver had to pause for 10 seconds and then asked "What the heck is that?"

• Upvote 4
  • Like 1

"BREAKING NEWS: Businesses including banks, airlines, telecommunications companies, TV and radio broadcasters, and supermarkets have been taken offline following a mass global outage."

...no one spotted any aurora last night, did they?

• Upvote 5

52 minutes ago, ElSuperGecko said:

...no one spotted any aurora last night, did they?

Unless the Crowdstrike summer intern who was told they could push the buttons is named "Aurora", no.

(This is sarcasm... no one knows who actually pushed the really bad update, except for the person who is now packing up and looking for a new job...)

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

Walking through the Skytrain station (Vancouver rapid transit) I saw a book of cardboard matches discarded on the ground. My mind immediately flashed back to AC and the plethora of blue matchbooks to be found by the rope bridges. For an instant I tried to get my cursor on it for a mouse-click. "I hope nobody needs this." 

TLD has messed my brain up! Don't even get me going on sticks!

Edited by Sito
  • Upvote 2