Puzzle obstacles.

EternityTide

I made a post a long while back requesting for logic puzzles be put into the game, but not much attention was payed to it because I don't think I explained it very well.

Here goes take two:

Suppose certain areas of the map is made unreachable by a series of logic puzzles? or little notes that tell you the location of secret stashes? Simple little things that grant you access to more areas of the map?

An example of this could be a pump station for a river: to cross the river you have to find the crank for the drainage valve that allows you to clear the flooded underpass, allowing you to cross over to the next section of the map.

Another thing could be that you need a crowbar to lever open a door that leads to a stash section in the Carter Hydro Dam.

Perhaps notes, diaries and similar could be found, telling you about a certain safe with a false bottom, which can only be jimmied open with a hunting knife, or a certain painting in the misanthropes homestead hides a cupboard containing some illegally poached beaver furs?

Perhaps a rusted old mechanism has a suspicious shape imprinted on the rust, and you have to hunt down a nearby counterweight, which triggers the mechanism to open a secret bootlegger's den.

Just little puzzles here and there, to make us think we have a bit more interaction with the environment.

Great idea, I would be very happy about some tiny hidden treasures and more possibilities to interact with the environment in general. Having to find a key or lock pick to open some of the doors (e.g. the Carter Hydro Dam or the radio tower shack doors) would be fun as well.

+1 :)

The terrain environment in the game doesn't seem to be very alterable. Trees don't fall, snowdrifts don't form or vary, water levels don't change. That's why I like puzzles or quests as a way to activate region transitions. Or cutscenes linked to character teleport within a region.

However, items do appear and disappear, so maybe obstacles could be done as large items. Maybe as unique items that can only be removed ("harvested") with specific "tool" items (like how you need a knife to harvest a carcass).

Or, if obstacles were things that were removed from a remote location, the new environment might actually be a new region. Go into the pump station from region A-1, solve the logic puzzle or fulfill the quest, then exit the pump station to region A-2. Since the character is already going through a door to leave the pump station, the change of region doesn't even need to be acknowledged.

I like the idea very much. I think, in some way the devs already added this to the game with the new

ravine and abandoned mine

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=4770

(some players have their difficulties :) )

Anyway, this might be more interesting for the storymode? I mean in the way you discribe it, it

sounds much more detailed and maybe would be a "waste" for the sandbox but well integrated in

a story a higher impact.

Who left the notes and hints and why? Why do you or/and the author want to go there or do this ....?

Thats why i think it would be much more useful in the storymode.

Hope they use this idea :)

I'd also love to find a note explaining where the preppers cache is not exactly but perhaps someone saying they saw saw a strange hatch near x thing in game. Ideally it'd be found on one of the corpses.

Maybe finding keys that would open doors of some buildings.

I'd also love to find a note explaining where the preppers cache is not exactly but perhaps someone saying they saw saw a strange hatch near x thing in game. Ideally it'd be found on one of the corpses.

Maybe finding keys that would open doors of some buildings.

Something like this maybe?

Jonathan, if you are reading this, we've gone up north past the Onto Sarah's bunker, hidden by the . She'll meet us there with her kids. Stay warm and keep a weather eye out for the wolves

To be found upon a corpse that will be spawned within 200 metres of the bunker itself, possibly savaged by wolves.

Archived