Whiteout

Im pretty much done with the challenge, though im lacking the last thing. I need 8 more rifle rounds to finish the challenge, and I dont know where to look. Does anyone know areas where ammo spawns in whiteout?

6 minutes ago, K3V038 said:

Ill check there, thanks

Good luck...  Ammo is always the hardest thing to find....   

Failing there though you can go to any other map ..camp office maybe, or desolation point..

• Upvote 1

There is plenty of time for a cursory trip through PV and ML. Or just dipping into one those regions. Might just need to visit one location and go back right away.

Edited by Serenity

There can also be ammo in Crumbling Highway (OIC/Old Island Connector), though there is no guarantee with randomized loot spawns. The Abandoned Harris House basement *may* have some. The cars along the road *may* have some, the cave to the back of the map *may* have some, the cave at the Arch *may* have some, the mine at the end leading to Desolation Point *may* have some. *May* being the key word here. I have played the Whiteout Challenge number of times. Sometimes Crumbling Highway has been quite good, sometimes I have had to dash through to DP to get the last items I need because CrH had almost nothing I needed, but lots of what I didn't need.

The thing to remember with Crumbling Highway is that it is very wolfy, which can make looting there "interesting". 

Going to Mystery Lake *usually* provides plenty of ammo and other needed/useful loot. But which way you go depends on how comfortable you are with going there, and how much time you have left to complete the Challenge.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, ThePancakeLady said:

There can also be ammo in Crumbling Highway (OIC/Old Island Connector), though there is no guarantee with randomized loot spawns. The Abandoned Harris House basement *may* have some. The cars along the road *may* have some, the cave to the back of the map *may* have some, the cave at the Arch *may* have some, the mine at the end leading to Desolation Point *may* have some. *May* being the key word here. I have played the Whiteout Challenge number of times. Sometimes Crumbling Highway has been quite good, sometimes I have had to dash through to DP to get the last items I need because CrH had almost nothing I needed, but lots of what I didn't need.

The thing to remember with Crumbling Highway is that it is very wolfy, which can make looting there "interesting". 

Going to Mystery Lake *usually* provides plenty of ammo and other needed/useful loot. But which way you go depends on how comfortable you are with going there, and how much time you have left to complete the Challenge.

I got ammo and other gear but im lacking lantern fuel, at this point fishing is too risky because there are way too many wolves and bears arround, are there any guaranteed Jerry cans ? 

59 minutes ago, K3V038 said:

I got ammo and other gear but im lacking lantern fuel, at this point fishing is too risky because there are way too many wolves and bears arround, are there any guaranteed Jerry cans ? 

I don't think there ever were- it's not like Loper loot tables. If you find extra lanterns you don't need- break them down to recover the fuel, and drop the scrap metal. Explorable mines often have some, especially if they have workbenches and/or toolboxes and lockers. I know I got some from breaking down lanterns I didn't need, but it's been a little while since I ran the Challenge, so I don't know how many extra lanterns are laying around. And I don't know if the one that is often in ML Camp Office under the stairs spawns in the Challenge or not (it's not guaranteed in regular Survival Mode either). If you're set on only looting CH/CrH/DP- Hibernia is a likely place to find some, as is the Lighthouse if the mine doesn't have enough (or any).

• Upvote 1

You can try getting into the lower part of Cinder Hills Coal Mine during an aurora (the entrance near log sort). You could probably find some lantern fuel down in there; but be quick before you get stuck. 

A good spot to find both is Carter dam. The trip from coastal to Mystery lake is not too hard, it is not too far and often has both ammo and lantern fuel. The trip back and foth is possible in an ingame day, easily.