THE LONG DARK Updated to v 2.29

Admin

1 minute ago, Enigmaecho said:

That won’t apply for us till next week ❤️ but oh I see your point that patch is live so this couldn’t be in it hah oh well I’m still gonna go bag a cougar and hope for the best with scurvy on custom in a later hotfix 🙃

Not sure if I'm honest..  I updated it then my son played straight after but the option was still there..

But if you do catch the feline will you let me know how it went.😊.    I've heard that knife has a few extra bonuses..

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Not sure if I'm honest..  I updated it then my son played straight after but the option was still there..

But if you do catch the feline will you let me know how it went.😊.    I've heard that knife has a few extra bonuses..

Be prepared for a tough shot and protection helps a lot it got at me twice and I lost around 45% health each attack but no cuts or bleeds at 99% protection, I didn’t see any signs wandering around and I got the fog and spooky music but no cougar sounds ambient or during the struggle and that was a little bummer but the struggle animation was pretty cool and I liked the slow time one shot win or lose angle82A99DE7-6DC1-4356-83B9-780A33196D2A.thumb.png.43655ec45a29085ea9fc43184cc3e895.png

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Enigmaecho said:

Be prepared for a tough shot and protection helps a lot it got at me twice and I lost around 45% health each attack but no cuts or bleeds at 99% protection, I didn’t see any signs wandering around and I got the fog and spooky music but no cougar sounds ambient or during the struggle and that was a little bummer but the struggle animation was pretty cool and I liked the slow time one shot win or lose angle82A99DE7-6DC1-4356-83B9-780A33196D2A.thumb.png.43655ec45a29085ea9fc43184cc3e895.png82A99DE7-6DC1-4356-83B9-780A33196D2A.png

Sounds rough,even with the vest.  I saw Zak test it,and he said he got the lacerations but no bleed out. I wonder what the damage difference is with each difficulty..if  there is one of course.    Did you use the bow?  

And thanks for the  info..😊

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Sounds rough,even with the vest.  I saw Zak test it,and he said he got the lacerations but no bleed out. I wonder what the damage difference is with each difficulty..if  there is one of course.    Did you use the bow?  

And thanks for the  info..😊

I’m on a custom with  interloper as the base setting, I’m not sure about the mechanics as I loaded up in FA and started heading back to ML and I was in transit just entering BRR when I got the encroach warning so I decided to just chill and wait there and I used vaughns rifle I feel like it is different than loper my gear only took 15-30% each attack 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Enigmaecho said:

I’m on a custom with  interloper as the base setting, I’m not sure about the mechanics as I loaded up in FA and started heading back to ML and I was in transit just entering BRR when I got the encroach warning so I decided to just chill and wait there and I used vaughns rifle I feel like it is different than loper my gear only took 15-30% each attack 

Oh I see...  Could be the custom making a difference, but that's not too bad damage for the clothes..   the rifle is meant to be the better option .

• Upvote 1

On 6/28/2024 at 2:03 PM, Leeanda said:

Oh I see...  Could be the custom making a difference, but that's not too bad damage for the clothes..   the rifle is meant to be the better option .

I play on Xbox as well and I been rushing a new stalker run ever since the announcement that the big cat was being pulled. Started in Ash got the pack and Curators Rifle then boogied for TW where I set up camp to wait for the cougar. Just bagged him a little bit ago. I had 20% protection and just middle of the road clothing. When I got the encroaching warning I went and camped out in the cave in deer clearing to wait.

I found a large open area near deer clearing and passed time until I got attacked. Curators Rifle brought down the fleeing beast. Only took about 45 to 50% condition damage and almost no damage to my gear.

3 hours ago, Cattleman said:

I play on Xbox as well and I been rushing a new stalker run ever since the announcement that the big cat was being pulled. Started in Ash got the pack and Curators Rifle then boogied for TW where I set up camp to wait for the cougar. Just bagged him a little bit ago. I had 20% protection and just middle of the road clothing. When I got the encroaching warning I went and camped out in the cave in deer clearing to wait.

I found a large open area near deer clearing and passed time until I got attacked. Curators Rifle brought down the fleeing beast. Only took about 45 to 50% condition damage and almost no damage to my gear.

Unless you've got auto update on there's no rush to do it.....  I don't play online or have updates on... ..

That's not bad going for stalker...  It does sound like there's a different damage rate for each difficulty ..unless there's some other factors involved..

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, landoforpresident said:

I have an old game file pre/update, a custom run where i specifically turned off scurvy. Now i load in and get the scurvy affliction, why??

This was a bug in 2.28 but if your game is now 2.29 or 2.30 the new Scurvy toggle popup should be working properly and will appear when using load/resume to continue your game or starting a new one, aside from if you already turned it off in custom to begin with.  If it does show just switch it to "disabled" and continue.  If it doesn't show then you'll have to turn to modding to get rid of it, if you're not on a PC then this won't help.

https://github.com/joshyliz/Add_or_Remove_Scurvy

Only downside is the mod doesn't automatically cure your scurvy so do that fully (not even risk of scurvy) before turning it off or it may not work properly.

Edit:  Actually it might cure you, I just know that the "risk of" tends to stick.

Edited by rush247

2 hours ago, rush247 said:

This was a bug in 2.28 but if your game is now 2.29 or 2.30 the new Scurvy toggle popup should be working properly and will appear when using load/resume to continue your game or starting a new one, aside from if you already turned it off in custom to begin with.  If it does show just switch it to "disabled" and continue.  If it doesn't show then you'll have to turn to modding to get rid of it, if you're not on a PC then this won't help.

https://github.com/joshyliz/Add_or_Remove_Scurvy

Only downside is the mod doesn't automatically cure your scurvy so do that fully (not even risk of scurvy) before turning it off or it may not work properly.

Edit:  Actually it might cure you, I just know that the "risk of" tends to stick.

So that means my file is permanently changed and won't be fixed in next updates? If that's the case it's ridiculous, i'm not familiar with mods and i'd rather avoid them as much as i can before i accidentally mess up my game folder.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, landoforpresident said:

So that means my file is permanently changed and won't be fixed in next updates? If that's the case it's ridiculous, i'm not familiar with mods and i'd rather avoid them as much as i can before i accidentally mess up my game folder.

It may have been you're own doing in that you likely saved before backing out earlier before the patch.  Anyway this mod doesn't mess with anything else, it's specifically made for for the purpose of enabling/disabling scurvy.  So don't be worried about f-ing anything up with it.

Edited by rush247

On 7/1/2024 at 10:06 AM, landoforpresident said:

Not sure which platform you play on, but on Steam (PC) it is quick and easy to change a sandbox's save name in-game.

Main Menu > Survival > Load > [Select Sandbox] > Rename

There was also a patch issued yesterday (v2.31 on PC) which may have fixed this issue, though if you're on Console/Switch it may take a few days for the patch to land (think console policies require some form of validation, so they're usually a bit slower than PC). If your issue isn't fixed in this patch you could also try submitting a Feedback Ticket to Hinterlands directly with information about your issue.