Kodos on the transition zone to Sundered Pass!!!

Hinterland, I just finished traversing the cave from contaminated zone to Sundered Pass and I have to say that the detail and depth  that you  guys put in to a transition is absolutely amazing!

You could have simply had a small cave like ML to MT but you chose to make some incredible journey for players to feel like they are going to the ends of the earth. And I haven't even entered the Sundered Zone yet. I just had to pause and give my appreciation.

Your studio has given me 5000+ hours of play over many years.

My appreciation to you.

• Upvote 10

7 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Even though there was a furry friend in there lol..

Speaking of which ...  Fluffy, Scruffy, Sketchy, and ... Buffy?  What's the new wolf's name?

I named her bluey.. I also started a thread about it..  Name for a new friend

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

They really are.  We often dwell on the things we're unhappy about, but the new region is just spectacular.

It really is...  The joys of pilgrim really mean you can just stop and take it all in ..without fear of freezing to death .

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Even though there was a furry friend in there lol..

Speaking of which ...  Fluffy, Scruffy, Sketchy, and ... Buffy?  What's the new wolf's name?

I call him (yes, in my mind, there has to be a few mythical male wolves on the island, causing the rapid respawning of new wolves in Stalker) Fenrir.

Fenrir- Enemy of the Gods, foretold to slay Odin during Ragnarök:

Then is fulfilled Hlín's
second sorrow,
when Odin goes
to fight with the wolf,
and Beli's slayer,
bright, against Surtr.
Then shall Frigg's
sweet friend fall.

Much I have travelled, much have I tried out,
much have I tested the Powers;
from where will a sun come into the smooth heaven
when Fenrir has assailed this one?

Just felt like it fit the temperament of the new regions and Sundered Pass in particular to me. 

So I call him Fenrir.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

without fear of freezing to death

There were a couple times completing the Tale where I just wanted to stop and admire but I couldn't because I was dying so fast.  At one point I looked while camped out near the top and the temp was -61C with 30-something windchill.  Thankfully I was next to a non-extinguishable fire with sufficient fuel.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

There were a couple times completing the Tale where I just wanted to stop and admire but I couldn't because I was dying so fast.  At one point I looked while camped out near the top and the temp was -61C with 30-something windchill.  Thankfully I was next to a non-extinguishable fire with sufficient fuel.

That sounds pretty brutal...     I did notice that there's a lot of spaces without any sticks ..didn't notice until I'd cheated death once and saw what I had left of my gear... You certainly need a good supply of fuel.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

That sounds pretty brutal...     I did notice that there's a lot of spaces without any sticks ..didn't notice until I'd cheated death once and saw what I had left of my gear... You certainly need a good supply of fuel.

That's one of the defining characteristics of the place, I think.  You can't always easily walk around and pick up 35 sticks to make a nice hot fire.  There are little patches of three and four at a time, and those are few and far between in some parts of the region.  But there are also very comfortable, easy parts of the region as well, if you want to relax a bit and recover.

• Upvote 1

That's one of the defining characteristics of the place, I think.  You can't always easily walk around and pick up 35 sticks to make a nice hot fire.  There are little patches of three and four at a time, and those are few and far between in some parts of the region.  But there are also very comfortable, easy parts of the region as well, if you want to relax a bit and recover.

The forest area is very cosy ,and has plenty of food ..   but seriously lacking where the twolves are....  Coincidence maybe...

But there are a few shelters in those areas too.   I think they've done a great job designing it

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

but seriously lacking where the twolves are....  Coincidence maybe...

I was afraid to go down into the forest when I first got to the region, so I went up instead.  Things were looking pretty dire when I sprinted to an attractive looking house and realized

Spoiler

all the doors were covered.

• Upvote 1

I was afraid to go down into the forest when I first got to the region, so I went up instead.  Things were looking pretty dire when I sprinted to an attractive looking house and realized

Reveal hidden contents

all the doors were covered.

I saw that place on a few videos.. very heavily guarded too....

Spoiler

But it is accessible ... Whether it's just for the tales I'm not sure.... 

The window on the roof opens.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

The transition cave is spectacular alright!  I was traversing from Sundered Pass, each time I thought I must be getting close to the exit, nope, there was something new to see.

In fact, the entire region is stunning.  Get a clear day when you're up at the weather station (hah!) and the view is incredible...

• Upvote 1