Spotted something

spotted something on my way back from a hunting trip, i passed by this sedan a bunch of times before, but never noticed this beforeZrzut_ekranu_200.png.95166e34d460b1380ad750030b1fdbc7.pngthere was a bit of blood on the windshield and top of the roof of this sedan, and i can swear that i never seen the stains before Zrzut_ekranu_199.png.46ecbc07f19aa531969719ba5ec0c37f.pngthe interior was worse though, there was a bunch of blood and used bandages... any speculations of what happened here?

• Upvote 3

If that's coastal then I haven't got that.. I was there this morning and didn't see anything like that..

You didn't shoot anything did you.. 

Just wondered if it might've glitched  through the car when it ran off?

• Upvote 2

I mean, I know that after all these years, we may be rather used to them prowling around... but tableaus like these may serve as a good reminder that the wolves of Great Bear Island aren't kidding around. :D 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2

What's worse is that that looks very fresh... 

If it is intended,I wonder if it's dependant on difficulty..  like the burnt houses vary...  I double checked this morning and definitely nothing.

• Upvote 2

Any chance you got injured or attacked near the car and tried to get up on it to avoid a wolf, ended up in a struggle, and then got into the car with a bleeding wound? (The blood is from your character's wounds from something that happened before?) I mean- that is in the Coastal Townsite, which has wolves, a bear (sometimes) and a Moose (sometimes). So a place that you are more likely to get into a struggle, get mauled, or have an angry Moose tap dance on your torso- and end up with your character bleeding a looking for a safe place to get bandaged up and apply antiseptic if needed, while waiting for whatever mangled you to go away.

Only thing I can think of.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Any chance you got injured or attacked near the car and tried to get up on it to avoid a wolf, ended up in a struggle, and then got into the car with a bleeding wound? (The blood is from your character's wounds from something that happened before?) I mean- that is in the Coastal Townsite, which has wolves, a bear (sometimes) and a Moose (sometimes). So a place that you are more likely to get into a struggle, get mauled, or have an angry Moose tap dance on your torso- and end up with your character bleeding a looking for a safe place to get bandaged up and apply antiseptic if needed, while waiting for whatever mangled you to go away.

Only thing I can think of.

Nope, character with the bleeding affliction wont bleed pools of blood, just trickle droplets, a couple of dots would be there and not a whole stain. And I didnt really get attacked by anything there, neither have i shot anything. Though looking at it, the blood stain inside the car looks like one you would get from a struggle... But the one on the roof i never seen in the game before, this must be tied to this car only

• Upvote 1

I'm probably totally wrong, but I can't help but wonder if it might be one of the cougar signs, that's somehow been switched on by accident.

Yeah, I know it's not meant to be added until later today, but there have been a fair few other updates since the cougar was first announced, and given the volume of changes and additions from the whole Tales package, it's not totally unreasonable to think some updates could include completed bits of coding and/or assets for future updates too, in a sorta dormant state to be activated later. A little glitch in your game could accidentally flick the switch on some hidden part, changing something in the game that doesn't seem to make sense out of context.

But as I say, I'm likely totally wrong, and it's really just a rare bit of narrative background detailing that you haven't noticed before.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, artmunki said:

I'm probably totally wrong, but I can't help but wonder if it might be one of the cougar signs, that's somehow been switched on by accident.

Yeah, I know it's not meant to be added until later today, but there have been a fair few other updates since the cougar was first announced, and given the volume of changes and additions from the whole Tales package, it's not totally unreasonable to think some updates could include completed bits of coding and/or assets for future updates too, in a sorta dormant state to be activated later. A little glitch in your game could accidentally flick the switch on some hidden part, changing something in the game that doesn't seem to make sense out of context.

But as I say, I'm likely totally wrong, and it's really just a rare bit of narrative background detailing that you haven't noticed before.

BRO, no way, if thats True then i have a story to tell. I was in ash canyon yesterday, fresh run, trying to get the best knowledge of the layout, and I spent like a week and two there in game, when I was on the upper levels where the moose spawns, I heared quiet screaches and growling, I thought its a wolf but they dont spawn up there, intresting experience, I dont really have any proof because I have no pc recording programes and my phone cant pick up sounds too well on recordings. But that caused me to leave the game since i didnt wanna lose my run 😭

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, K3V038 said:

BRO, no way, if thats True then i have a story to tell. I was in ash canyon yesterday, fresh run, trying to get the best knowledge of the layout, and I spent like a week and two there in game, when I was on the upper levels where the moose spawns, I heared quiet screaches and growling, I thought its a wolf but they dont spawn up there, intresting experience, I dont really have any proof because I have no pc recording programes and my phone cant pick up sounds too well on recordings. But that caused me to leave the game since i didnt wanna lose my run 😭

We can't know what the cougar signs will be like until they're properly implemented later today, but I do think my idea is feasible, if maybe not terribly likely. Threatening noises coming from nowhere does seem like just the sort of thing I'm expecting tho, as is bloody signs of a kill. Time will tell I guess.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, artmunki said:

We can't know what the cougar signs will be like until they're properly implemented later today, but I do think my idea is feasible, if maybe not terribly likely. Threatening noises coming from nowhere does seem like just the sort of thing I'm expecting tho, as is bloody signs of a kill. Time will tell I guess.

Exactly, just three hours left i guess

1 minute ago, K3V038 said:

Exactly, just three hours left i guess

Well, if it takes a while for the cougar to actually take interest in you, it could be an in-game while before we ever encounter anything. But yeah, so close!  ^_^

26 minutes ago, artmunki said:

Well, if it takes a while for the cougar to actually take interest in you, it could be an in-game while before we ever encounter anything. But yeah, so close!  ^_^

Got any speculations on what we can make out of it? I bet its either a head gear or shoes

2 hours ago, K3V038 said:

Got any speculations on what we can make out of it? I bet its either a head gear or shoes

Been wondering about that myself, ever since it was announced. The indications are that there might not be an actual in-world model for the stalking cougar, and you'll only see it when it actually jumps you, but I'm sure Raph said something about you being able to kill it (other than the nest thing, I mean), so in theory at least you could end up with a cougar carcass to do something with. Hope that turns out to be true, and we have a new jacket or something to look forward to crafting. Hell, I'll even take a decoration for the base customisation!  ^_^

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, artmunki said:

Been wondering about that myself, ever since it was announced. The indications are that there might not be an actual in-world model for the stalking cougar, and you'll only see it when it actually jumps you, but I'm sure Raph said something about you being able to kill it (other than the nest thing, I mean), so in theory at least you could end up with a cougar carcass to do something with. Hope that turns out to be true, and we have a new jacket or something to look forward to crafting. Hell, I'll even take a decoration for the base customisation!  ^_^

The update premier video shows a Cougar Claw Knife and a Cougar Hide Wrap, near the end of the video.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, ThePancakeLady said:

The update premier video shows a Cougar Claw Knife and a Cougar Hide Wrap, near the end of the video.

Haven't watched the video yet, but they're listed in the launch announcement too, so I can't wait to craft 'em!  ^_^

• Upvote 1

On 6/22/2024 at 5:54 PM, K3V038 said:

spotted something on my way back from a hunting trip, i passed by this sedan a bunch of times before, but never noticed this beforeZrzut_ekranu_200.png.95166e34d460b1380ad750030b1fdbc7.pngthere was a bit of blood on the windshield and top of the roof of this sedan, and i can swear that i never seen the stains before Zrzut_ekranu_199.png.46ecbc07f19aa531969719ba5ec0c37f.pngthe interior was worse though, there was a bunch of blood and used bandages... any speculations of what happened here?

i think the blood spatter thing is a cougar warning.... though i also have a vague memory of finding a corpse in a car a couple years ago

7 minutes ago, GuardianCreature said:

i think the blood spatter thing is a cougar warning.... though i also have a vague memory of finding a corpse in a car a couple years ago

Those screen shots are from befor the initial cougar release.