simple recipies

TyTheFly

i wish we had more simple recipies like porrige that add no buffs but are just easy to make bulk meals that arnt calorie dense but are still decently filling. I also think we need recycled can recipies theres a tab but still no recipies. They also need to make canned corn/ham more common and not only in lock boxes or hatches i think they should be rare like a marine flare or combat pants but still findable in the open world.  More animals need to be used like wolves, bears, moose, like maybe a bear stew or carnivore stew which makes you unburdoned and maybe adds better at struggling with a wolf. Also they either need to make the ptantigrams (I cant spell) more common or just make broth out of something diffrent like bones from like deer, moose, wolves. Salt should also have more uses apart from only broth but dont make it required maybe have a buff. If they do add the bones then they should also add a bone knife that you can make. This DLC really is a good idea but its just really bare bones and needs more content let me know if any of these ideas are trash or your ideas or let me know your ideas cause I really want more cooking stuff.

P.S. since we have skinning animations can we get animations for like repairing clothing/tools, crafting, cooking, eating/drinking animations. because the ASMR is nice (im not weird)

• Upvote 1

Just now, TyTheFly said:

i wish we had more simple recipies like porrige that add no buffs but are just easy to make bulk meals that arnt calorie dense but are still decently filling. I also think we need recycled can recipies theres a tab but still no recipies. They also need to make canned corn/ham more common and not only in lock boxes or hatches i think they should be rare like a marine flare or combat pants but still findable in the open world.  More animals need to be used like wolves, bears, moose, like maybe a bear stew or carnivore stew which makes you unburdoned and maybe adds better at struggling with a wolf. Also they either need to make the ptantigrams (I cant spell) more common or just make broth out of something diffrent like bones from like deer, moose, wolves. Salt should also have more uses apart from only broth but dont make it required maybe have a buff. If they do add the bones then they should also add a bone knife that you can make. This DLC really is a good idea but its just really bare bones and needs more content let me know if any of these ideas are trash or your ideas or let me know your ideas cause I really want more cooking stuff.

P.S. since we have skinning animations can we get animations for like repairing clothing/tools, crafting, cooking, eating/drinking animations. because the ASMR is nice (im not weird)

last thing they should change porridge to oat meal because porrige is made with whole grains and oat meal is made with oats

Just now, TyTheFly said:

last thing they should change porridge to oat meal because porrige is made with whole grains and oat meal is made with oats

Vegan zombies are coming to GBI!

I agree that being able to make broth from other animals does make sense. Deer and Rabbits, at least. Anything with predator meat may be more difficult because or the risk of intestinal parasites that the game attaches to them. Maybe (?) making bear, wolf, or timberwolf broth and stews only available after Lvl 5 cooking skill could mitigate that link in the game files?

Salting and drying meat and fish has been asked for, for a long time both here and on the Steam forums. Maybe someday. Fish at least makes sense to me, as it *should* cure more quickly than any meats do- it would lose some Vitamin C and dramatically increase thirst, but it should decay very very slowly.

I am always up for more recipes, and the recycled can menu being empty right now *seems* to indicate we may get a few more, but we do have a whole lot more than we used to have, so it's not a priority for me. 

The canned ham and canned corn- yes, it would be nice to find more of both, but they are both DLC-only foods. So maybe add them to the loot table for the DLC, and only allow them to spawn on Advanced and Expert maps, none in Beginner maps like ML or MT, just to balance out the increased spawn rate with not making them too easy to find.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, TyTheFly said:

A lot to unpack here lol. Some thoughts I too hope for an expansion of the recipes in the future it would be nice to have some like a venison and baked beans or like a tomato soup with forage veggies to give like a warm bonus and a few extra calories you wouldn’t get from consuming the items separately.

I’ll come back to the can

i don’t know that I agree or disagree about corn and ham the ham is just novelty not an ingredient and I think only one or two recipes call for corn so I wouldn’t mind a few more of those 

Going back to the can and then also more animal recipes. I am expecting maybe a recipe with part 5 but I expect a few can recipes with part 6 and possibly when perseverance mills comes to survival there’s currently recipes for all animals except moose but I take your point there should be a few stews that are just predator meats like we have for others also I think the fish recipes need tweaked we got a bunch of new fish only for the recipes to call for base fish outside of 1 recipe also I’d like more fresh water fish recipes Costal Fishcakes remain best food but I don’t hang out on the coast that much 

lastly with the animations they mentioned when the new harvest animations came out that they were targeting other systems as well so I’d expect more of that in part 6 as well. With the end of the story the last map coming now part 6 “only” has trader safehouse custom, photomode, and wildlife spawn reset so there’s bound to be other unmentioneds like they’ve done all DLC and on that note I will say your comment about it being bare bones I feel is a bit on the unnecessarily antagonistic side. For the cost of the DLC we’ve got almost as much new content and new systems and system overhauls as the base game has had since redxu(minus new region add ins) and we aren’t even done yet 🤷🏻‍♂️ just my thoughts 

Not to be argumentative but just to elaborate a bit: base game add ins since redux: Moose, Timberwolves, pop cans, bulletproof vest, revolver, ammo crafting, rock cache, spray paint, memento, buffer memory, moose satchel, crampons, backpack, moose cloak, photos

DLC: Starving Wolves, Cougar, ptarmigan toxic pits, electric fog, transmitters, transmitter caches, tales, item variants, weapon variants, visor notes, recipes, cooking overhaul, fishing overhaul, harvest overhaul, first person overhaul, travios, Chem boots, gas mask, down bedroll, down improv layer, fire hard arrows, beachcomb overhaul, and more coming 

• Upvote 1

i didnt mean to sound antagonistic and i guess I frogot to mention all the other stuff other then cooking but I think the cooking part of the dlc could defintly be expanded

2 minutes ago, TyTheFly said:

i didnt mean to sound antagonistic and i guess I frogot to mention all the other stuff other then cooking but I think the cooking part of the dlc could defintly be expanded

There's a few ways in which it needs to be fixed, too; for example, easier use of the frying pan rather than having to scroll through the "Place" menu, say by having it on the wheel menu. Probably looking at a need to create a specific item on the initial wheel for cooking, rather than having them under the "Campcraft" item.

That's not to say that expansion of the cooking system is a bad idea; for example, one that would be cool would be to allow using Acorn Flour as an ingredient for all the pies/bannock etc, thereby expanding the horizon in which those relatively lightweight but nutritious items can be made. image.png.b641ac49b6d84e82afebfbfafa610434.png