Wintermute EP5 releases in 2024?

Tonya1026

Does anyone have an idea when Wintermute EP5 will release? Like maybe the fall or winter of this year? Or even next year? Just an estimate is fine.

I’ve had this game for a very very long time but I don’t play in between completing each episode so I would like to replay all of them right before EP5 releases. To be honest, I don’t even remember the first episode, it’s been so long since I’ve played it. The tales seem OK but Wintermute is my favorite!

I’m just finishing up a different game in a few days and considering going back to TLD but I’d really like a timeframe first. Thanks! 

15 hours ago, Pyroxene said:

The streamer LMG says he won't expect it until February/March 2025

Ok thanks! I heard it was supposed to be in 2024 so I wasn’t sure. OK well that’s good. At least I have time to finish my other game first that comes out in 2 weeks 😂 

18 hours ago, Tonya1026 said:

Does anyone have an idea when Wintermute EP5 will release? Like maybe the fall or winter of this year? Or even next year? Just an estimate is fine.

I’ve had this game for a very very long time but I don’t play in between completing each episode so I would like to replay all of them right before EP5 releases. To be honest, I don’t even remember the first episode, it’s been so long since I’ve played it. The tales seem OK but Wintermute is my favorite!

I’m just finishing up a different game in a few days and considering going back to TLD but I’d really like a timeframe first. Thanks! 

I think they said late 2024, but keep in mind this is going to be a huge episode. So many loose ends to solve and stories to conclude.

As a fellow wintermute lover, I'm very impatient for the episode, but I'm glad the team is taking its time to develop the conclusion this story deserves. Maybe while you wait you can replay  the pre-redux? it's fun to go back and see how much the story has improved 

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, mintietcatm said:

I think they said late 2024, but keep in mind this is going to be a huge episode. So many loose ends to solve and stories to conclude.

As a fellow wintermute lover, I'm very impatient for the episode, but I'm glad the team is taking its time to develop the conclusion this story deserves. Maybe while you wait you can replay  the pre-redux? it's fun to go back and see how much the story has improved 

I’m not really sure what you mean by pre-redux? Are you saying that the story has been changed in the last 8 to 10 years? I played each episode as it came out so I don’t remember it anyway tbh. If it has been changed recently, I would definitely be interested in replaying it! 

7 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Thank you! I did read that a while back but for some reason I must have forgot. I guess I’m just too excited. I saw 2024 and assumed it would be very soon 🤣 to be fair though a couple other games that I play are releasing more content over the summer and I guess I just thought this one was also. 

1 hour ago, Tonya1026 said:

I’m not really sure what you mean by pre-redux? Are you saying that the story has been changed in the last 8 to 10 years? I played each episode as it came out so I don’t remember it anyway tbh. If it has been changed recently, I would definitely be interested in replaying it! 

The original version of Wintermute came out in 2017, it featured third person cutscenes and not all of it was voice acted. 👇

download(3).thumb.jpeg.6938c167d555cb2749056e56a14f5e43.jpegdownload.thumb.jpeg.352ada94aa45687050e5f12ee65ce55c.jpeg

The gameplay mechanics were not the best so it was "Reduxed" in 2018 before Crossroads elegy came out. This is the version we can play right now, it features first person cutscenes and is fully voice acted. You can only play the pre-redux by using the steam time capsules

I do like the new mechanics but I miss seeing Will!! and would've loved to see Astrid, hopefully episode 5 will have them in a cutscene again

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mintietcatm said:

The original version of Wintermute came out in 2017, it featured third person cutscenes and not all of it was voice acted. 👇

download(3).thumb.jpeg.6938c167d555cb2749056e56a14f5e43.jpegdownload.thumb.jpeg.352ada94aa45687050e5f12ee65ce55c.jpeg

The gameplay mechanics were not the best so it was "Reduxed" in 2018 before Crossroads elegy came out. This is the version we can play right now, it features first person cutscenes and is fully voice acted. You can only play the pre-redux by using the steam time capsules

I do like the new mechanics but I miss seeing Will!! and would've loved to see Astrid, hopefully episode 5 will have them in a cutscene again

Ok thanks. I’m pretty sure I probably played in 2018 then cause I think the cutscenes had voices, I guess. It seems longer than that tho lol. So I must have played the newer version. I’m not exactly sure how long ago it was I just know it was as soon as episode two came out because that was what was being heavily advertised. And I know at the time my kid was a toddler 🤣

I think I’ll just give the Tales a try. I’ve had it since released but not played it yet. I just keep waiting because they keep releasing new things and I’m afraid to start, just to want to start back over a few weeks later.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2024 at 10:18 PM, mintietcatm said:

Preach friend, I’ve held onto this sentiment for a long time, not only is the light at the end of all things the conclusion of almost a dozen plot threads but the ending of an era for the game and the beginning of an uncertainty that’s cause for some anxiety,  the studio being admirably dedicated to their initial promise that buying the game would get you the 5 eps and that has given us this knowledge that more updates were always possible until episode 5 but there was long speculation ep5 would be the conclusion of all dev on the long dark, they haven’t exact enthusiastically put that to rest imo, personally I just hope that we see more dlc and possibly another season after Wintermute bc if not they could split ep 5 into 4 parts or delay it indefinitely and I wouldn’t be offended 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Enigmaecho said:

Preach friend, I’ve held onto this sentiment for a long time, not only is the light at the end of all things the conclusion of almost a dozen plot threads but the ending of an era for the game and the beginning of an uncertainty that’s cause for some anxiety,  the studio being admirably dedicated to their initial promise that buying the game would get you the 5 eps and that has given us this knowledge that more updates were always possible until episode 5 but there was long speculation ep5 would be the conclusion of all dev on the long dark, they haven’t exact enthusiastically put that to rest imo, personally I just hope that we see more dlc and possibly another season after Wintermute bc if not they could split ep 5 into 4 parts or delay it indefinitely and I wouldn’t be offended 

Another Wintermute season would be a dream come true!! i love this story so much 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2024 at 3:53 PM, mintietcatm said:

Another Wintermute season would be a dream come true!! i love this story so much 

Me too! Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy just basic survival forever also but  Wintermute is the best thing ever! I always drag out each episode I play because I don’t want it to end. It’s the perfect combination of a story and just survival. Being able to do the story in your own time, that’s what made me fall in love with this game! 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2024 at 6:27 PM, Tonya1026 said:

Me too! Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy just basic survival forever also but  Wintermute is the best thing ever! I always drag out each episode I play because I don’t want it to end. It’s the perfect combination of a story and just survival. Being able to do the story in your own time, that’s what made me fall in love with this game! 

I could (and have) ramble about what makes wintermute so good for HOURS, its honestly my whole life at this point 

• Like 1