New recipes again!

Semple Fi

I couldn’t find another post…. But I thought it has been mentioned…

anyways…

Moose Meat Pie! (Requires rose hips)

Grazer Pie (Moose and Venison)

Canned Ham and Eggs (obviously will need ptarmigan eggs…)

Shepherds Pie (3 Potato, 3 Carrots, Canned Corn, Venison)

Canned Cranberry sauce…. Or harvestable cranberries (Used for any of the Tourtière style pies)

Canned Ham and  Canned Beans with rose hips for a bean stew

more to follow!!

Edited by Semple Fi
Edit
  • Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

LOVE the Shepherd's Pie idea -- one of my favorite RL meals!

Was mentioning some of these on another thread ...

-- Chocolate bars and condensed milk -- to make a pudding?

-- Oatmeal &/or Granola bars crushed -- add chocolate, maple syrup or peanut butter?

-- "Fritters" - corn, fruit, ham -- top with maple syrup 

-- Salmon steeped in tea (birch bark would prob. taste the best)

-- Mushrooms could be combined with so many things, not just for tea

--------------

Was thinking that if they added rice & sugar/honey to the food list it would be absolutely wonderful!

• Upvote 3

On 2/2/2024 at 2:15 PM, twyn1 said:

I thought about eggs being made available from the Ptarmigan nests, but there would be a high likelihood that they would be fertile/developing eggs, so I'd pass on those.

Hey, you eat dog food! ;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, twyn1 said:

Never!! (another advantage of playing on Pilgrim!) 😁

You don't eat it?   I eat them all except one tin I leave in the doghouse at PV farm.. I even leave a tin opener😁 

The only canned thing I don't eat is sardines

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hozz1235 said:

You do know dogs can't open cans (even with an opener), right? ;)

My brother's dog got into my bins once, chewed through a can or two and ate the contents..he was very ill for three days..   if he can do it so could a wolf or another dog..

Maybe the can opener is a step too far though😅

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

My brother's dog got into my bins once, chewed through a can or two and ate the contents..he was very ill for three days..   if he can do it so could a wolf or another dog..

Maybe the can opener is a step too far though😅

I suppose they could chew through the tin if they worked at it long enough, but you think their poor mouth would get tore to shreds with the sharp metal! 🐶😱

I did think the can opener was funny though 😆

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

I suppose they could chew through the tin if they worked at it long enough, but you think their poor mouth would get tore to shreds with the sharp metal! 🐶😱

I did think the can opener was funny though 😆

I would've thought so too but his dog was fine with that..it's whatever he ate that made him ill...     

Lol...   Well there's so many anyway but they might mutate and grow opposable dew claws😁

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I would've thought so too but his dog was fine with that..it's whatever he ate that made him ill...     

Lol...   Well there's so many anyway but they might mutate and grow opposable dew claws😁

• Upvote 3

I didn't read the entire thread but I think being able to just make our own recipes like in a game like Project Zomboid would be really good.

PZ is in early access still, but in PZ eating delicious lentils makes you as unhappy as eating a centipede. I find it amusing to think that my character would be just as happy chomping down on a centipede as they are eating some lentils. The devs must really dislike lentils, or find centipede not too bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 11:45 AM, Leeanda said:

You don't eat it?   I eat them all except one tin I leave in the doghouse at PV farm.. I even leave a tin opener😁 

The only canned thing I don't eat is sardines

One of the benefits of playing Pilgrim is that I have never had to eat the dog food. The thought of it makes me squeamish, even tho' I know I'd eat it in real life if there was no other choice but starvation.

I always have had enough food; had to chomp a pile of cattails for a couple of days from time to time & I've only eaten wolf meat once (by accident and promptly got food poisoning). I just harvest their hides & guts.

I'll eat the sardines as long as they're over ~70% ...

I love the idea of leaving food in the little dog houses -- there's one in Thomson's Crossing & one on Coastal Highway too. Like those little icon shrines they have on the roadsides in Greece (& elsewhere) where you leave gifts of flowers and food.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, twyn1 said:

One of the benefits of playing Pilgrim is that I have never had to eat the dog food. The thought of it makes me squeamish, even tho' I know I'd eat it in real life if there was no other choice but starvation.

I always have had enough food; had to chomp a pile of cattails for a couple of days from time to time & I've only eaten wolf meat once (by accident and promptly got food poisoning). I just harvest their hides & guts.

I'll eat the sardines as long as they're over ~70% ...

I love the idea of leaving food in the little dog houses -- there's one in Thomson's Crossing & one on Coastal Highway too. Like those little icon shrines they have on the roadsides in Greece (& elsewhere) where you leave gifts of flowers and food.

There is a lot of food isn't there😁.    Not sure I'd eat it in real life ,some you need a prybar to get it out the tin😅  I don't eat anything unless it says new until I'm level 5 cooking.. except the mres as ive never git food poisoning from them.     

I forgot about those dog houses .. a new mission on my run.😊.      I've not heard of that tradition,sounds a lovely idea..

some recipes i thought ...

Pizza .. flour, tomato soup (there is a mod with crushed tomatoes btw) even if not 100% realistic, salt, herbs (option from interior greenery) + water + oil

roasted potatoes... 2 x potatoes + 1 carrot + salt + oil... is a classic, even only for the eyes.

classic potatoes and carrots pot ... 2x potatoes + 2 x carrots + salt + water

• Upvote 3

another obvious recipe should be the sandwich ... the classic way of men to carry food around, and would fit very well TLD needs

There are little things in TLD to stuff the bannocks/bread but some can be

tin of sardines or fish (fried) or peanut butter or ham or cooked ptarmigan

so recipes can be made in simple crafting, assembling things (with the need of a knife)

bannock+cooked fish+salt

bannock+peanut butter

bannock+sardines

bannock+ham

bannock+cooked ptarmigan+salt

• Upvote 3

On 2/8/2024 at 2:01 PM, Leeanda said:

Lol..😁.  All it needs now is a microwave to reheat the nuggets😅

And that’s why the microwave needs to work during the Aurora!!

I would also like to be able to make Jerky.  Wolf and bear jerky, etc.  Smoked salmon and such.  We just need the ability to set up a smoker above existing camp fires.  

• Upvote 1