bunkers

11 minutes ago, xxfinebeanzxx said:

but it's outdated I guess

It is but only really for the caches... .. but you should be ok finding this one... Once you find it you never have to look anywhere else .. ..

Must admit I do miss having to search for it..

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, xanna said:

Yep, as I said, the bunkers with wheel-operable hatches are also permanent fixtures, but they may be empty or may be chock full of good loot. They are in hard-to-find places, but are always there.

Not every region ha one, there are 9 of them altogether.
Despite the warning, this seems to be accurate:
https://thelongdark.fandom.com/wiki/Prepper_Cache

I don't have DLC so are those bunkers base game? 

Those old maps are still accurate if you just use it for major landmarks and to get around. Even the saplings are still largely correct, but there are some deviations here and there. Same goes for other natural loot or wild life spawns (at least until they overhaul that, which has been promised). The polaroid spawns haven't changed. I think some carcasses have been removed here and there, or made semi-random.

So for general navigation it's fine, but don't rely on all the details, and don't use it for new features like the changed prepper caches.

Edited by Serenity
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

It is but only really for the caches... .. but you should be ok finding this one... Once you find it you never have to look anywhere else .. ..

Must admit I do miss having to search for it..

tru but the whole reason I'm on Mr bones wild ride for bunkers is for ammo for my rifle and revolver

7 minutes ago, xxfinebeanzxx said:

tru but the whole reason I'm on Mr bones wild ride for bunkers is for ammo for my rifle and revolver

Oh I see.. well I think you're more likely to find more elsewhere rather  than  in the caches...   There's usually a few around in cars or places like three strikes or the sheds. .. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Leeanda said:

Oh I see.. well I think you're more likely to find more elsewhere rather  than  in the caches...   There's usually a few around in cars or places like three strikes or the sheds. .. 

well lucky me I went to try and find the caches and stumbled into three strikes with a rifle there so that's the second I haven't grabbed it because I'm unsure what to do with it if I do

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

but I want to be able to set up a more permanent base at the PV farm stead because it's just perfect how ever I'll need lots of supplies before it becomes my home. 

11 minutes ago, xxfinebeanzxx said:

but I want to be able to set up a more permanent base at the PV farm stead because it's just perfect how ever I'll need lots of supplies before it becomes my home. 

I get that... My main base is always the farm...  You should be able to find a fair bit of loose ammo in PV alone but it can be easy to miss some .. like the rifle rounds in the hay on the floor in the small barn, I'm sure I've missed some  there on a few runs. 

As for the spare rifle ,I think it's always good to have a spare, if you get a bear mauling it can get ruined so a back up one is handy.....

Are you only staying in PV?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

I get that... My main base is always the farm...  You should be able to find a fair bit of loose ammo in PV alone but it can be easy to miss some .. like the rifle rounds in the hay on the floor in the small barn, I'm sure I've missed some  there on a few runs. 

As for the spare rifle ,I think it's always good to have a spare, if you get a bear mauling it can get ruined so a back up one is handy.....

Are you only staying in PV?

I'll prob branch out in order to get more food and more ammo. 

PV is pretty rich with food. The bear is an easy kill, there are a lot of wolves and deer near the farmhouse. Wood is a bit of a pain, but is manageable. For ammo, once you get a bit of brass, it is pretty simple to hike to a reload bench and get 100's of rounds.

The reason I quit using PV as a base was the weather. I hate getting caught in a storm at the worst place/time possible and PV is a master at "gotcha!". I got so frustrated with it, I made trails with fire starter material so I could always find my way, once I got onto the ice. This saved my bacon too many times to count.

I was wondering what was up with the bears there recently. I used to see a lot more bears in a lot of areas around PV which made it vastly more dangerous. Basically anywhere I went, there was a possible bear collision. Over near the wrecked plan on the way to TWM, or along the trail on the way to the cave to the dam, or anywhere near the farmhouse...so many bear spawns. Kinda like it the way it is now so hope they don't fix it,. TBH...

6 hours ago, TonyInPleasantValley said:

PV is pretty rich with food. The bear is an easy kill, there are a lot of wolves and deer near the farmhouse. Wood is a bit of a pain, but is manageable. For ammo, once you get a bit of brass, it is pretty simple to hike to a reload bench and get 100's of rounds.

The reason I quit using PV as a base was the weather. I hate getting caught in a storm at the worst place/time possible and PV is a master at "gotcha!". I got so frustrated with it, I made trails with fire starter material so I could always find my way, once I got onto the ice. This saved my bacon too many times to count.

I was wondering what was up with the bears there recently. I used to see a lot more bears in a lot of areas around PV which made it vastly more dangerous. Basically anywhere I went, there was a possible bear collision. Over near the wrecked plan on the way to TWM, or along the trail on the way to the cave to the dam, or anywhere near the farmhouse...so many bear spawns. Kinda like it the way it is now so hope they don't fix it,. TBH...

The only bear in PV at the moment is the birch forest one,seems the bug fix worked ok for the other maps  just not PV.. it's very weird without them .

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I've been trying to but the latest one I found was 2023 and still the old pepper caches on it.

maybe because I'm on Switch it still is on the old locations and it still a chance thing, It is plausible and I hope I can get the hunting cache because that sounds like it will hold the most ammo

2 minutes ago, xxfinebeanzxx said:

maybe because I'm on Switch it still is on the old locations and it still a chance thing, It is plausible and I hope I can get the hunting cache because that sounds like it will hold the most ammo

As far as I know all platforms have the new style peppers...    Try up behind the crash site cave..   it's very tricky to get to but you can goat up those rocks outside the cave and go round the back of it..

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

As far as I know all platforms have the new style peppers...    Try up behind the crash site cave..   it's very tricky to get to but you can goat up those rocks outside the cave and go round the back of it..

Yeah I've been around there since I tried "the hunted" challenge but I haven't gone that far up so it will be an adventure and a trek but I don't know what to pack I'm almost out of bullets and supplies so I kinda need some advice and help

8 minutes ago, xxfinebeanzxx said:

Yeah I've been around there since I tried "the hunted" challenge but I haven't gone that far up so it will be an adventure and a trek but I don't know what to pack I'm almost out of bullets and supplies so I kinda need some advice and help

I can't remember which difficulty you're on...     The quickest way to it ,is leave the farmhouse from the back door.head straight across the field over the back and go down and over the river, there are some bunnies on the way so you could snag a couple with stones.. straight across the river and up past the burnt down house.(there might be some ammo there... Up the hill past the big fallen tree ,over the tree bridge and on your left you can goat up the rocks. It's a bit fiddly but doable.. go right and stay right following the rock edge and as high as possible. You should find the cache tucked away ...  

You can also pick any rosehips,birch bark and mushrooms and use the teas to keep from starving..there's a few cat tails on the river too.. 

To avoid using ammo, try torches or flares to keep the wolves away..  

Have you got any arrows?  I know there's a few arrows and arrowheads around ,but if you can make a bow that will help a bit too.. 

• Upvote 1