Part 4 - Langston Mine/Zone of Contamination (ZC) - How to get there?

Okay, we know from the Nov dev diary, ZC will be where Langston Mine is.  This sign

screen_d5b623bf-acb8-4b9d-aa5f-5d809220d8a2_hi.thumb.png.23b960c5b5045414e70fc75ae7f127ff.png

points towards Immutable Hesitation

image.png.19b66ec4608d636c49587baef94ba79d.png

which is currently blocked by rubble.

What do you think HL will do to give us access to this new area?

They could either clear the roadway or the railroad track.  My guess would be the RR track - the collapse doesn't seem as bad as the road.

Hmm, the sign points towards 2 different zones, one of which is indeed Immutable Hesitation. But there is another place : the entrance to a mine (or so it seems) near the rope-climbing spot without rope ^^

Could the Langston Mine be through this second passage (which is also blocked by rubble) ? ;)

2 minutes ago, DaGnome91 said:

Hmm, the sign points towards 2 different zones, one of which is indeed Immutable Hesitation. But there is another place : the entrance to a mine (or so it seems) near the rope-climbing spot without rope ^^

Could the Langston Mine be through this second passage (which is also blocked by rubble) ? ;)

I'm guessing that 2nd "path" (which is much smaller and has no railway) may lead to the Mountain Pass region.  Those 2 regions would seem awfully close together.

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

I'm guessing that 2nd "path" (which is much smaller and has no railway) may lead to the Mountain Pass region.  Those 2 regions would seem awfully close together.

What if it's the other way around ? I mean, it's a tunnel, it could connect to a mine through the mountains, right ?

5 minutes ago, DaGnome91 said:

What if it's the other way around ? I mean, it's a tunnel, it could connect to a mine through the mountains, right ?

Anything is possible, but a mine that large would need heavy equipment, which would likely be supplied via road or rail.

This tunnel entrance could be an old way, used only by men on foot and donkeys... I mean I don't see why not : remember the mines in Ash Canyon and BlackRock regions, it's precisely what is said about them ;)

I agree with you about the heavy equipment : these would need an easier way of travel, one capable of supplying heavy loads and faster than with donkeys.

2 minutes ago, DaGnome91 said:

This tunnel entrance could be an old way, used only by men on foot and donkeys... I mean I don't see why not : remember the mines in Ash Canyon and BlackRock regions, it's precisely what is said about them ;)

I agree with you about the heavy equipment : these would need an easier way of travel, one capable of supplying heavy loads and faster than with donkeys.

Can't wait to see what HL surprises us with!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

There's a second route--there is a

massive cave structure that connects ZoC and Forsaken Airfield.  The Forsaken Airfield end is kinda by the hunter's blind.  If you're standing at the hunter's blind exit facing out, turn 90 degrees right, go "out" through the forest toward the cliffs, and follow the cliffs left for a while.  The cave structure is a truly gargantuan maze and I wouldn't go in without at the very least a full lantern/multiple torches.  I'm not sure exactly where it falls on Forsaken Airfield as I was super disoriented when I came out of the cave and missed the pop-up that I'd changed zones, but I think it falls between Sudden Washout and Mindful Cabin as I didn't cross the lake by Final Approach.  In the ZoC side, if you're at the "main" entrance to the zone, you'll find it if you take the immediate leftward pass and follow the cliffs around.