Make it possible to craft noisemakers and gunpowder at regular workbenches.

Skelegutplays

Currently the noisemakers aren't really used in survival, even though they could be useful early game especially on interloper. There's no reason you should need to use the ammunition workbench to craft gunpowder and noisemakers, as both could realistically be done with just the regular workbench. It's quite a shame because i think the noisemakers are really cool but you just don't really get to use them in survival because they are so hard to craft.

• Upvote 4
  • Like 1

Agreed, once you get the blueprint by finding one, and collect all of the materials, there really isn't any limitation in crafting noisemakers that require the ammunition workbench. I mean, it's just a can filled with gunpowder, then tied together with some cloth. 

Maybe as a compromise, your effectiveness with crafting noisemakers could be tied to your gunsmithing level. At level one, you can only make them at a ammunition workbench, as your character isn't comfortable enough to handle gunpowder at a regular workbench. But maybe a unique perk given to you at level 3 is the ability to make them at any workbenches.  

Maybe at level 5, you can just make noisemakers anywhere, without the need for a workbench. Would give the gunsmithing skill a little more use in my opinion.

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Smellyfries said:

Agreed, once you get the blueprint by finding one, and collect all of the materials, there really isn't any limitation in crafting noisemakers that require the ammunition workbench. I mean, it's just a can filled with gunpowder, then tied together with some cloth. 

Maybe as a compromise, your effectiveness with crafting noisemakers could be tied to your gunsmithing level. At level one, you can only make them at a ammunition workbench, as your character isn't comfortable enough to handle gunpowder at a regular workbench. But maybe a unique perk given to you at level 3 is the ability to make them at any workbenches.  

Maybe at level 5, you can just make noisemakers anywhere, without the need for a workbench. Would give the gunsmithing skill a little more use in my opinion.

Some really great ideas.

• Upvote 1

I agree. By the time you have the supplies to craft noise makers, you already have a revolver with lots of rounds and possibly a flare gun, and the noise makers won't really be used for anything (unless you want to kill a bunch of ptarmigans or something brutal like that, lol). 

They would be a lot more useful early game. I liked that you could craft them at normal workbenches in Wintermute, but wasn't a fan of the fact that you can't do that in survival. 

• Upvote 2

I agree. If I forget to bring cans to an ammunition bench, I will NEVER go back to my main base and then all the way back to an ammunition bench just to craft noisemakers. I will always wait till the next time I need ammo and that can be quite a while. Plus, after such a long wait, there is a big chance that I would forget the cans again. 

Edited by Stranzua

Yeah, you should be able to craft noisemakers at a bench, and I do really like SmellyFries idea.  That would make gunsmithing a lot more valuable.  I have litterally never used noisemakers in survival (although ep 4 I made actual tons of them because I was on the harder difficulty).

With gunpowder making though, it does require some special tools.  Sure, you could make very basic black powder just by dumping all the ingredients in a bag and shaking it, but to make good black powder it requires a ball mill (which requires electricity), alchahol, sieves, accurate scales.

And this is still black powder, 1/3 the power of smokeless powder and much more damaging to guns!

Honestly, I'm relieved that all it takes to make gunpowder is just the right place with the right stuff.

• Upvote 1