Episode 5 ??

peteloud

20 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Yes.  To me, a game being a "survival" game does imply that it's necessarily difficult.  To me, it's a genre that says I'm going to be asked to pay attention to things like sleep, hunger, thirst, etc. rather than, say, dps and weapon styles or upgrades (shooter genre) or story choices, conversations, and personalities (rpg genre).  Also, I believe difficulty is a relative thing - some things are more difficult for some people than other things.  I also think a game can benefit (sometimes) by expanding to be inclusive to people with different abilities, ages, and interests.  Of course, the devs are in the best position to assess this and make the ultimate decisions on what criticisms they take into consideration when plotting out what they want to do.  I don't believe anyone here thinks TLD is a bad game - or else they wouldn't be here suggesting improvements instead of being elsewhere, playing something else.

I'm quoting myself here to correct a very serious typo in this post.  I'm flattered that people are liking this comment, but if they wish to withdraw their likes after I correct it, I'll understand completely:

The first line should read:  Yes.  To me, however, a game being a "survival" game DOES NOT imply that it's necessarily difficult.  To me, it's a genre that says I'm going to be asked to pay attention to things like sleep, hunger, thirst, etc.

I apologize for my sloppy proofreading and any misunderstanding that has resulted.