Hopeless Rescue Challenge Glitched

piddy3825

4 hours ago, LunarLime said:

I think the new loot tables are messing up with the challenges.

I wonder if finding a hunting rifle is possible in The Hunted Part 1?

Maybe something I'll try....

Yeah, I'd have to agree that the new loot tables are the culprit behind these anomalies.  I guess they just didn't take in to consideration the effect on the challenges when they implemented these changes in the survival part of the game.  As to looking what else is wonky, like your idea of finding a rifle in the Hunted challenge seems like a novel idea and I'd like to know how it all turns out if you decide to do it!  Should be interesting!

On 9/5/2023 at 9:13 PM, piddy3825 said:

lol, woulda been there sooner if I didn't need to sleep...

I tried a "no sleep" run just now. 1d8h43m with a full climb to TWM summit. Luckily there was a flare gun up there. I had recent runs with no gun or no shells in the plane.
Imagine that during hopeless rescue... 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, mfuegemann said:

I tried a "no sleep" run just now. 1d8h43m with a full climb to TWM summit. Luckily there was a flare gun up there. I had recent runs with no gun or no shells in the plane.
Imagine that during hopeless rescue... 

In my regular survival run I was just up there on the summit and no flare gun so yeah, it is quite surprising that you'd actually find one while doing the challenge! 
Were you surprised to find it there or did you go there fully expecting to find it?  Oh and btw, most excellent time for making the trip!
That in itself has got to be a new record!

I did it out of curiosity, because I had bad luck on the summit more than once after the update. So I expected to find no gun - or at least only the gun but no shells.

Just made a 1d6h4m run, finding barely enough coffee and energy drinks to make it to the summit. Again the full flare gun case was there, with gun and shells.
Now that I am thinking about it, I could have dropped that bedroll in trappers, to gain some more speed.

• Upvote 1