Broken down boxes and loot.

dahemac

That's not quite how this game works. Crates in this game don't physically contain items, they can however be placed in a way to physically obscure them. To the player, this looks like you smash a crate and there are now items on the ground. In reality, the items were on the ground the whole time, the crate was just in the way so you had to smash it.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 8:38 AM, Serenity said:

It's not chance based. There are a handful of very specific crates that have stuff in them.

Except for the crates in the tail section on top of TWM I have not found anything anywhere in a wooden crate or cardboard box.

Except for the crates in the tail section on top of TWM I have not found anything anywhere in a wooden crate or cardboard box.

In the BR Maintenance Yard there is always something in one of the boxes up the ramp. And I also found something in my current game in a box opposite the bathroom. Didn't know about that before, so I can't say if that's always there.

• Like 1

There's usually some stuff under the crates inside the Maintenance Shed in Broken Railroad. The bit where you need to climb up some planks. Sometimes ear wrap or stim from memory. There is also some accelerant under a crate in the room adjacent to the bathroom and some cured leather under a crate just outside the office. 

The crates in the Cannery in Bleak Inlet often have tins of sardines under them. 

I was just in Milton Basin and I think there was some accelerant and a firelog under the crates in Hermit's Cabin. 

• Upvote 1