Reaching the Plane Crash site in Mountain Town

Nalliah

A kind of basic question but I just never have figured it out despite trying...

I want to reach the plane crash site in Mountain Town. I play Pilgrim level.

Is there an available step by step walk through or video that shows how? I have tried with maps, but its not working!

• Upvote 1

From grey mothers house follow the road right, just keep following it ,you'll come to a big bridge with lots of cars and the bear on it..  over the other side of the bridge there's a turning in the right ,just go up there and through the cave... it's a one way climb down.. Once out the cave, go left over the little pond ,up the hill and you should see the plane in the tree.   .there's also a little path and climbs down to the rest of the plane site..   to get back out, go down the hill past the frozen pond until you reach another pond.go left and follow that until you're back into town.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the help but... still no luck. The road from the Greymother's house deadends into a cliff face. It is possible to climb up the cliff face via some vines to the Radio tower and then go down to the pond--but the pond is surrounded by cliffs that cannot be climbed. Even the deer get stuck on them.  Perhaps a change of maps since updates?

Edited by Nalliah

You have to climb over the fallen tree, follow the path up,using the small climbs.. then climb up over  the broken plane wing. From there go straight down the hill until you get to the frozen pond.. go left then then right towards the radio tower and follow the path back to Milton centre.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bysinda said:

I'm guessing you started playing Survival mode without doing Wintermute first? It's just that in Wintermute this is the first area you see

I played about 5 seconds on Wintermute--story mode was not for me. I would have abandoned the game altogether had I not found Survival mode.

On 8/12/2023 at 5:19 AM, Glflegolas said:

Leeandra's path is a bit longer, but takes you very close to a prepper cache, which (if it's stocked) contains very good stuff.

This is my normal route on new playthroughs.  Start at Milton, cross the bridge, loot the cars, church, church pond, trailer, cave, cave pond, Spruce Falls Bridge area (including bear), transition cave, cache, pond, upper plane crash, lower plane crash, radio tower (incl. cave and pond) then full circle back to Milton.