Rip and Tear: A Community Challenge

conanjaguar

1 minute ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Lol I don't know their age. But attitude is right there with the game. Kill and eat. Danger is only game deep. 

I used to be a bit of a killalot when I started but the lure of the loot was too much..  but I'd still like a rocket launcher for the bears😁

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

I used to be a bit of a killalot when I started but the lure of the loot was too much..  but I'd still like a rocket launcher for the bears😁

Maybe you'll get one with episode 5. Rewatched the cut scenes the other day. The radio telescope mentioned by Jace in PM is located on a old abandoned military base. We could find bazookas and rockets.

Loot used to get me over hunting. Then I discovered bears in survival and it was over for me at that point. Loot is important. Being the apex predator became my one and only goal. Sadly, it still is. Momentos, new cooking, new items are all secondary to the kill. If there's nothing to kill, no point in staying where I'm at.

Are you participating in the challenge? Your moose hunting is right there with my bear hunting. I still am surprised how you find them so easily. And then get the kill without losing your clothes.

2 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Maybe you'll get one with episode 5. Rewatched the cut scenes the other day. The radio telescope mentioned by Jace in PM is located on a old abandoned military base. We could find bazookas and rockets.

Loot used to get me over hunting. Then I discovered bears in survival and it was over for me at that point. Loot is important. Being the apex predator became my one and only goal. Sadly, it still is. Momentos, new cooking, new items are all secondary to the kill. If there's nothing to kill, no point in staying where I'm at.

Are you participating in the challenge? Your moose hunting is right there with my bear hunting. I still am surprised how you find them so easily. And then get the kill without losing your clothes.

That's be awesome...  Ready meals scattered all over the place😁

No I'm not doing it...   I'm going nowhere without my flare gun..   and I wouldn't be able to last thirty days without killing a bear😁

I make sure the moose can't reach me ,but honestly they run away a lot more than the bears do when I shoot them...

Those mementos have some good stuff in them.. like ammo.   

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

That's be awesome...  Ready meals scattered all over the place😁

No I'm not doing it...   I'm going nowhere without my flare gun..   and I wouldn't be able to last thirty days without killing a bear😁

I make sure the moose can't reach me ,but honestly they run away a lot more than the bears do when I shoot them...

Those mementos have some good stuff in them.. like ammo.   

😂😂😂😂 Poor little bunnies. I'd have to use it on one😂😂😂 the carcase just disappears instantly. No food to be had lol.

You are rather fond of the glowing fuzzy butts 😂😂☠️☠️☠️. I saw the achievement list, there's one where you don't fire a weapon for 30 days or so at the start. I will never achieve that😂😂😂.  The second I get a weapon in site I'm off to start my wolf coat and deer pants. 

I don't have any real experience with them. The last one I danced with was way too close for comfort. The Bitter Moose almost broke my zero maul/stomp streak. I can possibly count all the moose I've killed across all my runs on one hand. 

You can come to my game and get the ones I've not bothered with lol. Feel free to eat some of the bear meat at the farm. It's stinky though.

1 minute ago, FaT McMarlin said:

😂😂😂😂 Poor little bunnies. I'd have to use it on one😂😂😂 the carcase just disappears instantly. No food to be had lol.

You are rather fond of the glowing fuzzy butts 😂😂☠️☠️☠️. I saw the achievement list, there's one where you don't fire a weapon for 30 days or so at the start. I will never achieve that😂😂😂.  The second I get a weapon in site I'm off to start my wolf coat and deer pants. 

I don't have any real experience with them. The last one I danced with was way too close for comfort. The Bitter Moose almost broke my zero maul/stomp streak. I can possibly count all the moose I've killed across all my runs on one hand. 

You can come to my game and get the ones I've not bothered with lol. Feel free to eat some of the bear meat at the farm. It's stinky though.

Mean...😁.   At least bunnies are flare gun proof🙂.  

That achievement isn't so bad actually, keeping the fire going for three days was more awkward for me..but I chose the wrong place.😁

I shoot that moose from  the hill above the birch area,cut through under the rock halfway up .. there's usually some birch saplings there too.

But I don't get him that often.    I'm doing my own little challenge now so I'll have to go find one..  I'm going to craft and use one of everything there is..should pass a bit of time til the update. 

Thanks.. I'll bring the coffee🙂

13 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Mean...😁.   At least bunnies are flare gun proof🙂.  

That achievement isn't so bad actually, keeping the fire going for three days was more awkward for me..but I chose the wrong place.😁

I shoot that moose from  the hill above the birch area,cut through under the rock halfway up .. there's usually some birch saplings there too.

But I don't get him that often.    I'm doing my own little challenge now so I'll have to go find one..  I'm going to craft and use one of everything there is..should pass a bit of time til the update. 

Thanks.. I'll bring the coffee🙂

I never thought to use the flare gun😂😂 I'm a bad shot with it lol.

Ugg the fire one I'm not looking forward too. What location do you recommend? I've got a few hundred pieces of coal in Cinder Hills CH side. Shouldn't be hard to have the fuel,  just the will to do it. I'm thinking somewhere I can get a cold temp bonus and not have to be right there the entire time.

Pensive Pond is where I see them the most. Not recently, but I know he spawns. In my previous run I took 3 stomps from the BRP moose near the prison. Decided I'd had enough of that and only get them out of desperation or the one hide. 

Need a coat? Or are you fully crafting another satchel for giggles?

Save the coffee. There's plenty waiting to be made. Save the weight for ammo. Lol 🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I never thought to use the flare gun😂😂 I'm a bad shot with it lol.

Ugg the fire one I'm not looking forward too. What location do you recommend? I've got a few hundred pieces of coal in Cinder Hills CH side. Shouldn't be hard to have the fuel,  just the will to do it. I'm thinking somewhere I can get a cold temp bonus and not have to be right there the entire time.

Pensive Pond is where I see them the most. Not recently, but I know he spawns. In my previous run I took 3 stomps from the BRP moose near the prison. Decided I'd had enough of that and only get them out of desperation or the one hide. 

Need a coat? Or are you fully crafting another satchel for giggles?

Save the coffee. There's plenty waiting to be made. Save the weight for ammo. Lol 🤣🤣🤣

They'll just run off and then carry on as they were... Fireproof ,unless they're being put on a grill 😁

Not outside  camp office😁.  I could've done it in Dave's quiet clearing ,... But I'm not sure to be honest.. 

I've got the satchel so I'll make the coat, never needed to before..

Lol...  How about some of lily's pancakes?  I've got tons of peaches need using up..and maple syrup.

5 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

They'll just run off and then carry on as they were... Fireproof ,unless they're being put on a grill 😁

Not outside  camp office😁.  I could've done it in Dave's quiet clearing ,... But I'm not sure to be honest.. 

I've got the satchel so I'll make the coat, never needed to before..

Lol...  How about some of lily's pancakes?  I've got tons of peaches need using up..and maple syrup.

Lol I'm telling you, your idea for an evil Halloween bunny is right on point. They have magic yet to be unleashed!!!

If anything I'm thinking of there's a barrel in Cinder Hills I might just do it there. I don't want to move all the coal lol. I'm lazy😂😂😂

With the weather on Pilgrim, you might be able to just get away with the moose coat on a warm day.  Happy hunting and good luck!!!

Oooo I've never made the pancakes. Sounds yummy!!!!  Look out for Tom, he should be stopping by soon. 

3 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Lol I'm telling you, your idea for an evil Halloween bunny is right on point. They have magic yet to be unleashed!!!

If anything I'm thinking of there's a barrel in Cinder Hills I might just do it there. I don't want to move all the coal lol. I'm lazy😂😂😂

With the weather on Pilgrim, you might be able to just get away with the moose coat on a warm day.  Happy hunting and good luck!!!

Oooo I've never made the pancakes. Sounds yummy!!!!  Look out for Tom, he should be stopping by soon. 

Evil. Bunnies😁

I think it's got to be an outdoor fire, I honestly can't remember but there's a reason I did it round the back of camp office😁.   How about three strikes?  

They're yummy but give you a headache.. ...  but I'm sure that sweet tooth of yours doesn't mind that🙂 

Free bear killing chance??  I'm on it😁

Ghost 2 / Day 23

He’s back from retirement… with a VENGEANCE!

What… what happened? I feel… reborn. I’m in a cave by the lake, cooking bear meat. I’m tired and cranky. And I don’t have my bedroll. That makes me angry. Very angry. I want to punch something. I want to shoot something. A howl in the distance sounds like heavy metal. It grates on my nerves; makes me angrier. Those damn wolves. I hate wolves. They want the meat from the bear, eh?  I’ll feed them hot lead and cold steel instead. I can never have enough rounds for the great culling. No matter. I’ll rip their throats out with my bare hands. I want to drown the wolves in their own blood!!!

Ahem. I don’t know what came over me. My muscles grew so fast that my clothes are shredded, and that makes me angry. I drink a cup of coffee and start back to the Lodge, revolver in hand. I see my first victim! I shoot him in the face and he drops dead.1536564E-8A99-483B-B435-B09D1A1B5E77.thumb.jpeg.4e0c964e214139b3ec55136c2d50df0f.jpegIt feels good; I feel the rage subside a bit. I am unstoppable!

No more wolves on the way back to the lodge. That makes me angry. I repair my shredded clothes and bake bread late into the night.56A4D977-1AE6-4B51-B9C9-6A51A57E5116.thumb.jpeg.8d8952cd5d93b8b77114699a62956839.jpeg(5 points)

Ghost 2 / Day 24

I slept in. That makes me angry. I drop some gear, take my rifle and more ammo. The flares are dropped with the rest; I scoff at them.

On the lake, I meet more wolves. F209ECC8-6BA1-4717-AAFF-477DBA231BFE.thumb.jpeg.bc9260f033c2a66709e73822186ada36.jpegI miss my shot at the first like a rookie and he attacks me. I hit him so hard with the hatchet that his head is split in half; he bleeds to death while I shoot his friend. E93688BD-EE72-466B-8ADD-25AFB154C3DD.thumb.jpeg.7e095ab3ee4cef031038d6bbbe9dbfb4.jpeg249B8E2C-6A0F-40F8-A75D-D5A51D63E2E6.thumb.jpeg.bc9e608a946bfe388c243841470df0f5.jpegFor some reason I can’t harvest him; I pass time for an hour and “pretend” I did. (I have three extra wolf pelts at the lodge in case of this.)

I spend two hours looking for more wolves, but can’t find any.

Another wolf gets to me while my guard is down. I beat him off, but I’m too tired and cranky to chase him down. I induce food poisoning. That makes me angry. I sleep under a blanket of raw wolf hides. My dreams are filled with violence and death.

(15 points, I really need to keep better count)

5E73550B-0FB7-42AE-AC2F-B0F653EAA451.jpeg

Edited by conanjaguar
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

@conanjaguar hides. Forgot to take a pic of flare gun and ammo count. But you can believe me, I didn't use it. fc8571d7-678f-4c0a-8934-9dd356d4aebf.thumb.png.cb5f520325f55dfe164a37bd5923eb56.png

e979daf6-b0e0-4e66-a3c0-3ca72a515342.thumb.png.ff8d27b1c22e0c38c544b72de205a8d4.png

b99b83f2-ead4-4abb-bee1-ef075be1a461.thumb.png.f56f7835ca26ab83f79684400ac948fa.png8b1003ce-1e69-4ccd-9e58-3ca75f072138.thumb.png.d732b86e4be9c75f83a5f7da88d1e15e.png

04d31acc-85e2-4cc1-9579-49351042b906.thumb.png.7f9cd6d24062e5a4b6627a908dc96541.png

4c90919f-fed2-4a70-93f6-c6045dc1a57a.thumb.png.21aed43b34ad07ce7437e7d308e7dd98.png

all the hides collected. May have missed a screen shot since there's allot. But I've only missed one hide and that's a deer.

I trust no one, not even myself :D. I *think* I’ve confirmed 30 points as of the middle of Day 3 of the challenge.

Edited by conanjaguar

3 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

I trust no one, not even myself :D. I *think* I’ve confirmed 30 points as of the middle of Day 3 of the challenge.

I can't accept the difficulty difference. You're really at 15 points to 30 points in 2 days.

We need to amend the challenge. Perhaps we start new vanilla Stalker runs for 30 days or I'll use the flare gun and disqualify myself. My wolf kills alone from how set up I am is 50 points on an easier difficulty. Total 100 points in 5 days for the current system. I feel I have an completely unfair advantage and that doesn't sit right with me at all. It's a friendly competition. I don't feel very friendly. Sorry for the unfortunate ultimatum, but this isn't fair to you. And I don't play like that.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Perhaps we start new vanilla Stalker runs for 30 days

That sounds fair :).

You're really at 15 points to 30 points in 2 days.

I did shoot at least 3 wolves that ran off before I could harvest them, and completely missed 3 more, but that’s on me… but yeah.

Total 100 points in 5 days for the current system. I feel I have an completely unfair advantage and that doesn't sit right with me at all.

Y’know, you’re right…

Sorry for the unfortunate ultimatum, but this isn't fair to you. And I don't play like that.

It’s all good mate, we can start new runs to keep things even. I have a hunch you’ll still win anyway, you’re such a killing machine :D.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

I did shoot at least 3 wolves that ran off before I could harvest them, and completely missed 3 more, but that’s on me… but yeah.

Y’know, you’re right…

It’s all good mate, we can start new runs to keep things even. I have a hunch you’ll still win anyway, you’re such a killing machine :D.

Sweet!!! I didn't think you'd really have a disagreement with my thoughts on the situation.

You'd be surprised how you're going to do. I'm not starting with a full kit of gear, raw meat and 30 some odd arrows. Ten wolves might end up being a challenge. Bears might get me. I've never played stalker before, I might not be quite the killing machine. I'll admit I've only kept the Voyager run going because of one achievement. To me it's easy mode. Stalker might be the same. I don't know yet. But it will be fair and that's what counts. Win, lose or die. This will be so much fun. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

Y’know, you’re right…

Also since we're starting new, any rules you'd like to add? Any requirements for the spawn? 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Also since we're starting new, any rules you'd like to add? Any requirements for the spawn? 

I’m changing the kill points for shooting wolves down to 3, and you don’t have to skin rabbits and ptarmigans to get the points, so now there’s a reason to hunt them ;).

Throwing rocks at wolves seems like something the Doom Slayer would do, so it’s allowed.

Also a -2 point penalty for every shot you miss with a rifle, and a -1 point for each missed shot with a revolver.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

I’m changing the kill points for shooting wolves down to 3, and you don’t have to skin rabbits and ptarmigans to get the points, so now there’s a reason to hunt them ;).

Throwing rocks at wolves seems like something the Doom Slayer would do, so it’s allowed.

Also a -2 point penalty for every shot you miss with a rifle, and a -1 point for each missed shot with a revolver.

So no penalty for missed bow shots? That's unfair. I don't use fire arms once I get a blow crafted and I'm definitely going to craft one. I'm quite bad with the guns in game. Heaven forbid I start in FA and grab the spot bow real fast, fingers crossed for a lucky random spawn. 

Speaking of spawn? What are the restrictions? Are we going random or do you have a set location for everyone's challenge to begin in?

5 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

So no penalty for missed bow shots?

I completely forgot about the bow :D. -2 point penalty for that as well.

5 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Are we going random or do you have a set location for everyone's challenge to begin in?

I don’t think it matters too much… I’ll be doing Milton, but whatever region you know best, I suppose…

50 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

I completely forgot about the bow :D. -2 point penalty for that as well.

I don’t think it matters too much… I’ll be doing Milton, but whatever region you know best, I suppose…

I'll do my best to record missed shots. Pretty sure it's going to be equally proportional to the amount of struggles I get into. Ash Canyon give me the Footrest!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Doomguy 1 / Day 1

Stalker difficulty, I spawn on the river right next to Grey Mother’s! I gather cattails and head inside. Looting the place, I find the recipe for Lily’s Pancakes, a lot of food (including a smelly raw fish), a cured maple sapling behind the cloth (!) and most importantly, a revolver with one bullet. A80F1F38-7B7E-4961-87E2-9AE11D7DF822.thumb.jpeg.ffd73a433ba6a5f841def31317244914.jpegF1BD1470-3CF4-4A7D-A05E-48AABBAD92C1.thumb.jpeg.38596dec153464dde34ac3f84217ad99.jpegA49ADBDB-BAB2-4C11-98CB-6718DDF65AD4.thumb.jpeg.f33461effc7d9dcb48cbc267ad931e4c.jpegLet the slaughter begin.

I check nearby cars in hope for a rifle, but no such luck. I do find two more revolver bullets, however.FEB1A378-387C-4A23-97D2-9504C7E1C024.thumb.jpeg.8adc33244ad447d401be830d0b04bfec.jpeg

From there, it’s time to head to Paradise Meadows. I make a slight detour from the bridge path when I see a wolf and try to shoot him. 24D4B2DB-7218-4D0C-B390-2BC300B62025.thumb.jpeg.6ff3ab0789bdf2d9bd7e62e8c4ae8f8c.jpegOne shot misses, the other hits, and he runs off, bleeding. I chase him for a bit, but lose the trail.

I take the back way to Paradise Meadows to avoid Bruno and Rufus (gasp!), and also for bunnies. 875A061E-1F79-48FD-969B-B96055570C92.thumb.jpeg.432366ef798ff4d65d167fa075a06e77.jpegI hate bunnies. They make me angry.

The poor stupid fluffballs never knew what hit them. 988D7292-BEB9-47A9-860F-49E3BDBFCEA6.thumb.jpeg.d71e7e65f5fe59410c96d7f9b033dc7b.jpeg117CA1FC-9AAF-432D-B1CC-B69D95A9E6ED.thumb.jpeg.08b984870b55ad3bbc6e7e4500dc454b.jpegI cackle like a maniac as their necks crunch in my hands, and then head to the house proper.A9BFDF7A-7759-4B80-930E-1C9E1C9E6671.thumb.jpeg.770d462cc9d848681061c40290c4bf16.jpeg

I drop my two rabbits on the porch and start looking for the key (thanks Wintermute).9A7EF2B1-3BB4-40BC-B5D3-F7B171ED9EEE.thumb.jpeg.2f1709bab883a0c43fc8a0b66ffd2300.jpeg It is in the workshed, along with a prybar, a hacksaw, and something on the order of 12 potatoes.

I kill two more bunnies with rocks before dropping them all on the porch and heading inside. I find… more potatoes, a bunch of ingredients, some clothes (much needed), and ten more revolver rounds… along with a third revolver (I found another one in a car).D01EC197-B517-4B97-AB9D-0CA62BC9BC8B.thumb.jpeg.46d852de2134d2dddf24764503505b67.jpeg

I cook 18 of my potatoes before calling it a day.

Total points: 7 (4 bunnies with rocks, missed 1 revolver shot). I’d like to have finished off that wolf, but… priorities ;). I need to remember that killing stuff is my ONLY priority.

1B83B22B-5846-4E84-9013-36734D86780E.jpeg

47A35B01-E2F3-4FB1-A9D0-F2FCF34DE1BE.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

Doomguy 1 / Day 1

Stalker difficulty, I spawn on the river right next to Grey Mother’s! I gather cattails and head inside. Looting the place, I find the recipe for Lily’s Pancakes, a lot of food (including a smelly raw fish), a cured maple sapling behind the cloth (!) and most importantly, a revolver with one bullet. A80F1F38-7B7E-4961-87E2-9AE11D7DF822.thumb.jpeg.ffd73a433ba6a5f841def31317244914.jpegF1BD1470-3CF4-4A7D-A05E-48AABBAD92C1.thumb.jpeg.38596dec153464dde34ac3f84217ad99.jpegA49ADBDB-BAB2-4C11-98CB-6718DDF65AD4.thumb.jpeg.f33461effc7d9dcb48cbc267ad931e4c.jpegLet the slaughter begin.

I check nearby cars in hope for a rifle, but no such luck. I do find two more revolver bullets, however.FEB1A378-387C-4A23-97D2-9504C7E1C024.thumb.jpeg.8adc33244ad447d401be830d0b04bfec.jpeg

From there, it’s time to head to Paradise Meadows. I make a slight detour from the bridge path when I see a wolf and try to shoot him. 24D4B2DB-7218-4D0C-B390-2BC300B62025.thumb.jpeg.6ff3ab0789bdf2d9bd7e62e8c4ae8f8c.jpegOne shot misses, the other hits, and he runs off, bleeding. I chase him for a bit, but lose the trail.

I take the back way to Paradise Meadows to avoid Bruno and Rufus (gasp!), and also for bunnies. 875A061E-1F79-48FD-969B-B96055570C92.thumb.jpeg.432366ef798ff4d65d167fa075a06e77.jpegI hate bunnies. They make me angry.

The poor stupid fluffballs never knew what hit them. 988D7292-BEB9-47A9-860F-49E3BDBFCEA6.thumb.jpeg.d71e7e65f5fe59410c96d7f9b033dc7b.jpeg117CA1FC-9AAF-432D-B1CC-B69D95A9E6ED.thumb.jpeg.08b984870b55ad3bbc6e7e4500dc454b.jpegI cackle like a maniac as their necks crunch in my hands, and then head to the house proper.A9BFDF7A-7759-4B80-930E-1C9E1C9E6671.thumb.jpeg.770d462cc9d848681061c40290c4bf16.jpeg

I drop my two rabbits on the porch and start looking for the key (thanks Wintermute).9A7EF2B1-3BB4-40BC-B5D3-F7B171ED9EEE.thumb.jpeg.2f1709bab883a0c43fc8a0b66ffd2300.jpeg It is in the workshed, along with a prybar, a hacksaw, and something on the order of 12 potatoes.

I kill two more bunnies with rocks before dropping them all on the porch and heading inside. I find… more potatoes, a bunch of ingredients, some clothes (much needed), and ten more revolver rounds… along with a third revolver (I found another one in a car).D01EC197-B517-4B97-AB9D-0CA62BC9BC8B.thumb.jpeg.46d852de2134d2dddf24764503505b67.jpeg

I cook 18 of my potatoes before calling it a day.

Total points: 7 (4 bunnies with rocks, missed 1 revolver shot). I’d like to have finished off that wolf, but… priorities ;). I need to remember that killing stuff is my ONLY priority.

1B83B22B-5846-4E84-9013-36734D86780E.jpeg

47A35B01-E2F3-4FB1-A9D0-F2FCF34DE1BE.jpeg

You're enjoying yourself way too much 😁

• Upvote 1