As the Dead Sleep bugged?

I think I've found several problems with this challenge.

I was trying it for the first time yesterday and I started to get suspicious after going through Bleak Inlet, the Muskeg, Broken Railroad and Milton like it was a walk in the park, thinking what was going to be the catch as this one's suposed to be the hardest.

Things I've noticed that may not be as they should:

- No survivor monologue

- No red warning of sprain risk on slopes

- No wolves at all, not seen or heard. Actually no predators aside from the bear near BI lighthouse

- Very forgiving survivor needs. I could trek for a couple of days without resting, and for a whole day at feels like -28° without freezing

- Glorious weather most of the time. - 10° air temperature and the clarest of days at FM (but maybe I was lucky with this one)

- A lot of loot. I was leaving many valuable things behind

This is not normal, is it? Has anyone else noticed?

I've done a couple of test starts today and it's the same every time.

I'm on PS5 btw

Thank you!

1 hour ago, SpanishMoss said:

Yeah as the dead sleep is supposed to be interloper settings 

the main catch is: 

Hide contents

No condition regeneration, except from a few stims

The loot for the challenge is more forgiving than the community made challenge it’s based on from my understanding

• Upvote 1

That's what I thought. I did a quick search here before posting but couldn't find anything. I'll file a report just in case.

Thanks, mates! @Leeanda @Enigmaecho @SpanishMoss

3 hours ago, SpanishMoss said:

the main catch is: 

Reveal hidden contents

No condition regeneration, except from a few stims

Yep, this was working fine. But the rest was crazy easy. No way I had suddenly become so good at the game.

• Like 1

I had a similar issue with ATDS  recently. My run started fine, but then got buggy after climbing back up from the Ravine Basin. First bug I encountered were deer spawning and I started to heal. Birch bark tree also appeared on the crafting menu. After closing the game and opening it again I wasn't healing anymore and the deer had vanished. But similar to what you mentioned, it seems all wildlife vanished including predators. I didn't see or hear a single wolf (or any other wildlife) from Ravine all the way to the Riken. I can't remember if one of the updates happened in the middle of my run that may have triggered the bug. Definitely worth reporting.

Here's the link to the issues I encountered. I submitted a bug report as well.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 3:06 AM, JohnLovesCoffee said:

Thank you @Retro Seamstress! I didn't find this post in my search. So definitely it isn't only me.

As you mentioned, I also saw at least one deer and had access to birch bark tea.

I've just filed a report with these and the other issues I noticed.

Thank you for filing a report. We'll reach out via DM to request the email you used so we can follow up with Support directly.