Exotic food sales IRL

ajb1978

I love food and science in equal measure because they're one and the same. The kitchen is nothing if not a laboratory! Is anyone aware of a way to purchase some of the more exotic foods featured in this game? Everything/anything in this game at all, really. I know it's easily possible to buy acorn grounds, rose hips, reishi powder, and crumbled birch bark online. But especially where meats are concerned, if I wanted to genuinely try Ptarmigan or Red Irish Lord, well I'm not exactly gonna find that at the IGA down the road!

I've done a token Google search and turned up nothing. Does anyone here know of any business or anything that will source exotic ingredients? Ptarmigan, burdock root, cattail stalks, whatever!

• Upvote 1

If you can't find anyone who sells those items, I would at least contact some of the more exotic food sellers and ask them directly.  Many times, they can find those rare items.  I'm sure they don't stock them because the demand is so low.

@Leeanda Yes, and you will pay a premium for stuff like that!

Edited by hozz1235
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

If you can't find anyone who sells those items, I would at least contact some of the more exotic food sellers and ask them directly.  Many times, they can find those rare items.  I'm sure they don't stock them because the demand is so low.

@Leeanda Yes, and you will pay a premium for stuff like that!

I didn't look at many but $1000 dollars for a few bits of bear....   It's cheaper to buy a gun and go and find one yourself..  .

Will and Astrid are sitting on a gold mine😁

• Upvote 2

I think the best place to start is researching the item's flavors and recipes associated (at least until you can get the genuine article for true comparison)

Online sources I'm finding compare burdock root to artichoke and ptarmigan compares with hare (rabbit) 

As far as ordering the items - I would look at the local meat markets and butchers that you have in your area and ask them. They should have access to "insider info" (suppliers) who wouldn't be available for online retail. 

Edited by Dx421
Spelling
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dx421 said:

I think the best place to start is researching the item's flavors and recipes associated (at least until you can get the genuine article for true comparison)

I’ll simply say agreed and indeed :).

*coughs* But I’m sure you could acquire those ingredients at a reasonable price through… unofficial channels, if ya know what I mean ;). Not that I endorse or encourage that, of course…

• Upvote 1