What is the point of keeping ruined items into the world?

yoli

Some ruined items can be harvested (arrows, tools, etc.).  Other items, such as sewing kits, once ruined, just put them in a container and they will disappear.

Empty spray paint cans seem to be the only item that are stuck in the world.  I like to place them on the porch rail of the Camp Office.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

Some ruined items can be harvested (arrows, tools, etc.).  Other items, such as sewing kits, once ruined, just put them in a container and they will disappear.

Empty spray paint cans seem to be the only item that are stuck in the world.  I like to place them on the porch rail of the Camp Office.

Wish you could knock them over with an arrow or bullet... Would be some fun target practice.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Thanks, I didn't know they would disappear if put inside a container. I used to pile them outside and found that quite annoying. I think they should disappear wherever we put them though, if we cannot harvest them I don't see the point of keeping them in the game.

16 hours ago, yoli said:

Thanks, I didn't know they would disappear if put inside a container. I used to pile them outside and found that quite annoying. I think they should disappear wherever we put them though, if we cannot harvest them I don't see the point of keeping them in the game.

I'm guessing they leave them in game since some ruined items can be broken down for materials.  

Also, this would NOT be good for ruined food!  That stuff is still safely edible with lvl 5 cooking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

Also, this would NOT be good for ruined food!  That stuff is still safely edible with lvl 5 cooking.

Ah ok, another thing I didn't know! So I guess they are not making them disappear for consistency reason, since some we cannot harvest/use would disappear while the others would not, that would be a mess. Ok it makes sense then!

• Like 1