Snow Shelter Bug

Sherri

Just wanted to post about a bug with snow shelters (I've already reported it, so no one else has to).

Went into the shelter in the middle of Hushed River Valley, and couldn't exit - got stuck facing the back of the shelter. When I reloaded I eventually could exit but then I could only walk forward and strafe, couldn't turn around 180 degrees.

A reload fixes this.

Just an FYI in case any comes here searching for the same issue.

20230630183127_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 6/30/2023 at 4:50 PM, Sherri said:

Just wanted to post about a bug with snow shelters (I've already reported it, so no one else has to).

Went into the shelter in the middle of Hushed River Valley, and couldn't exit - got stuck facing the back of the shelter. When I reloaded I eventually could exit but then I could only walk forward and strafe, couldn't turn around 180 degrees.

A reload fixes this.

Just an FYI in case any comes here searching for the same issue.

20230630183127_1.jpg

Thank you! We are currently investigating this issue and we appreciate the time you took to file a report. We hope to have more information to share in the near future. 

• Like 1

Some comments on this issue:

check your shelters, if there’s multiple there will be different percentages of degradation break down all but one this will fix the issue and return functionality 

If there is multiple the inner most shelter will break slowest (I have a shelter intact after 200days)  

there can be a lot I’ve have 10 broken shelters stacked inside themselves at the airfield 

If you get trapped in one DO NOT rest, immediately crash the game

if you get in one and get out and only have 180° fov then you can open any container and it will correct 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Enigmaecho said:

Some comments on this issue:

check your shelters, if there’s multiple there will be different percentages of degradation break down all but one this will fix the issue and return functionality 

If there is multiple the inner most shelter will break slowest (I have a shelter intact after 200days)  

there can be a lot I’ve have 10 broken shelters stacked inside themselves at the airfield 

If you get trapped in one DO NOT rest, immediately crash the game

if you get in one and get out and only have 180° fov then you can open any container and it will correct 

I don't normally use snow shelters but I got stuck in one in hrv.  

I was ok when I passed time ,so decided to sleep in it. It then just refused to do anything. All I got was a frozen screen with a blurry view of the opening.

I had to quit my  game entirely and reload .I did get out but it was rather clunky ,like she was digging her way out.

Thank you for the info.