New fatigue mechanic

Nikitiitta

Has anyone figured out how the (new?) fatigue mechanic works? I find it a bit confusing, as it doesn't even show as an affliction, it just makes your fatigue bar yellow. Does it have something to do with hunger? It's pretty taxing and fatigue was already (at least my) biggest limiting factor in the game. Not sure how to feel about it?

TLDR: Why does this happen?

ed0f6f2e44bbb79519e45c909649f690.png

On 6/24/2023 at 6:37 AM, Leeanda said:

I think it's a bug,along with the stamina bar going down very quickly.    I'm hoping it's a bug anyway or rope climbing is going to be very dangerous. Even the shortest climbs nearly killed me.

Rope climbing stamina is now based on how much sprint bar you have.

If you chance to simpler clothes you have a more open sprint bar and your stamina lasts longer.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RossBondReturns said:

Rope climbing stamina is now based on how much sprint bar you have.

If you chance to simpler clothes you have a more open sprint bar and your stamina lasts longer.

I haven't noticed any difference between my old run,fully togged out in good gear and the two runs I did with just starting gear...

The new run I started this morning I had nothing but what they gave me and I still nearly died on a short climb..  the only difference between those runs was I had no crampons in the new one.    

I did check in known issues and it's down on there as a bug..   

But confused as  to what you mean by sprint bar though...   I thought it was just a fatigue metre and a stamina metre. What's a sprint metre?

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

I haven't noticed any difference between my old run,fully togged out in good gear and the two runs I did with just starting gear...

The new run I started this morning I had nothing but what they gave me and I still nearly died on a short climb..  the only difference between those runs was I had no crampons in the new one.    

I did check in known issues and it's down on there as a bug..   

But confused as  to what you mean by sprint bar though...   I thought it was just a fatigue metre and a stamina metre. What's a sprint metre?

Stamina/Sprint same thing. But I've still found it to be true.

I've also climbed the rope to TWM summit with crampons and a full stamina/sprint bar...and made it to the top with room to spare. Not as much as it use to be but still made it.

On 6/24/2023 at 8:34 AM, Nikitiitta said:

Has anyone figured out how the (new?) fatigue mechanic works?

not really anything new... when starving for a period of time, that "hidden" affliction shows that fatigue is being impacted due to starvation.  
Don't think it's a bug.  It's an effect that's been with us a long while now.  It's the added effect of starvation (in addition to the condition hit).  What it's doing is creating a fatigue/rest cap that will grow the longer we have an empty stomach.

Managing fatigue is just one of the challenges the game asks us to manage.  It can be managed and overcome; we just have to be mindful.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
I don't think there anything's there for Hinterland to "fix," we just have to take it into account if we choose to go around on an empty stomach.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

Stamina/Sprint same thing. But I've still found it to be true.

I've also climbed the rope to TWM summit with crampons and a full stamina/sprint bar...and made it to the top with room to spare. Not as much as it use to be but still made it.

I'm not saying it's not,at least for you or others .😊.  Just what I noticed .   It's not just climbing either, running lasts less than it did .and as I run everywhere I've really noticed it.. before I used to be able to run until early-mid afternoon and still have quarter fatigue left but now doing that I'm in the red by twelve and have to sleep.    I even have the necessary feats on and the fatigue on medium not high like it should be for pilgrim. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Leeanda said:

It's not just climbing either, running lasts less than it did .and as I run everywhere I've really noticed it.. before I used to be able to run until early-mid afternoon and still have quarter fatigue left but now doing that I'm in the red by twelve and have to sleep. 

as for fatigue draining off quicker... now that bit could be a bug.  Might be worth creating a ticket and seeing if that's something Hinterland is looking to address.

4 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

as for fatigue draining off quicker... now that bit could be a bug.  Might be worth creating a ticket and seeing if that's something Hinterland is looking to address.

That goes with me wearing poor Astrid out I think.😁.    The more often I use up the stamina,the quicker the fatigue goes down. And as the stamina is bugged(at least for me)  then that follows..  I have filed a report for the stamina and it's on the known issues list but thank you for the help😊 I shall keep an eye on it.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, yollarbenibekler said:

Rope climbing is definitely bugged. My stamina ran out halfway while climbing to milton town from the trapper's cabin (it is relatively a short climb)

Me too..    I think it's the shortest climb there is and I still nearly fell off. 

2 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

Oh... I haven't had a chance to catch up with their published list.  I didn't mean to tell you anything you already new.

6C7911377-tdy-130617-leo-toasts-1.webp.bc7115c2d551fe6158cbabc068e167d1.webp
Cheers.  :) 

It's ok. I appreciate the help and advice.   😊. I don't usually look at the list but I was curious this time.

• Upvote 1

On 6/27/2023 at 8:44 PM, ManicManiac said:

not really anything new... when starving for a period of time, that "hidden" affliction shows that fatigue is being impacted due to starvation.  
Don't think it's a bug.  It's an effect that's been with us a long while now.  It's the added effect of starvation (in addition to the condition hit).  What it's doing is creating a fatigue/rest cap that will grow the longer we have an empty stomach.

Managing fatigue is just one of the challenges the game asks us to manage.  It can be managed and overcome; we just have to be mindful.

I don't think there anything's there for Hinterland to "fix," we just have to take it into account if we choose to go around on an empty stomach.

Yeah, I am well aware that fatigue is a thing in this game, I've been playing for years. Just felt like this affliction comes now quicker than it used to. I could just be making that up tho idk