Remove empty memento caches on Interloper

Serenity

It seems you don't get flare shells in caches on Interloper. This is fine. The Desolation Point cache still has marine flares. According to the wiki on lower difficulties it also has flares. Where it causes a problem is the Lake Overlook cache in Mystery Lake. This one is empty.

I think such caches should just not spawn. It would be like the cargo containers on TWM. Most of those just aren't there. Which is much better than be teased with an empty container. Doesn't feel good getting the clue and walking back to it and then have nothing.

Alternatively it could contain an item that's better than a stick, but isn't overpowered. A gut, a rabbit hide, a sapling, or a bit of lantern fuel would be somewhat useful in the early game, but not change the overall balance long term. But as said, it'd be fine not to get anything.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2023 at 1:17 PM, ManicManiac said:

I mean, empty or not it's still a shelter... if folks don't want to use them, they don't have to.  But I can and do appreciate that they are there as an option for those who want them. 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

I think they're referring to the little lockboxes you can find based on hints. They're supposed to have special loot in them but on interloper they're usually just empty or have generic loot you could find from a cabinet somewhere. It's a huge letdown to track them down and then realize there's nothing there. 

• Upvote 2