Barb's rifle disappeared after wolf struggle

EfoDom

This has never happened to me before. I was behind Quonset garage in Coastal Highway and a wolf attacked me. I clicked fire with Barb's rifle but just a little too late. After the struggle the rifle wasn't in my inventory anymore. I didn't drop it and I couldn't find it anywhere on the ground later. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it possible to get the rifle back?

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Have you checked the floor thoroughly incase it's under the snow?   Or meged into the truck or wood piles etc?  

I checked the ground and it was nowhere to be seen. I checked under the snow as well. It's so weird.

Just now, EfoDom said:

I checked the ground and it was nowhere to be seen. I checked under the snow as well. It's so weird.

Well I'd say. It's either a bug or the gun was so badly damaged it just vanished...  What condition was it in?

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Well I'd say. It's either a bug or the gun was so badly damaged it just vanished...  What condition was it in?

It was around 90%. I'm also not sure if you can even drop an item after a wolf struggle. I though that only happened with bears. Here's where the struggle happened and where the rifle disappeared.

screen_c2d3e8c2-0346-40dd-b6b5-c46a0ecf0a69_hi.png

It is very odd.. I can't say I've heard of it dropping with wolves either...  But it could be a new mechanic?     

Knowing how weird some bugs can be,from personal experience, I'd say check inside too.   It might've glitched through the wall..

Otherwise I'd file a ticket.   

It sucks to lose any weapon so I hope it gets sorted for you.

13 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

It is very odd.. I can't say I've heard of it dropping with wolves either...  But it could be a new mechanic?     

Knowing how weird some bugs can be,from personal experience, I'd say check inside too.   It might've glitched through the wall..

Otherwise I'd file a ticket.   

It sucks to lose any weapon so I hope it gets sorted for you.

Yeah, I'll probably have to file a ticket. It just sucks because I was planning to do a long stalker run and now I lose a rifle that only spawns once in the game.

1 minute ago, EfoDom said:

Yeah, I'll probably have to file a ticket. It just sucks because I was planning to do a long stalker run and now I lose a rifle that only spawns once in the game.

I know how you feel.. I'd be gutted to lose my curators ..   I hope they can fix it for you.

• Upvote 2

On 6/10/2023 at 8:37 AM, EfoDom said:

We appreciate your patience. A member of our Support Team will be able to assist you with this, but please don't hesitate to reach out or tag us if you need further assistance! 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 10:05 AM, Dugclimbstrees said:

I had vaughns rifle disappear on me, I restarted the game and it was back. Careful though, if you have saved after your loss I'm not sure youll get it back. 

Since it was a wolf struggle, it would've auto-saved.