Not sure why dead...

PilgrimReaper

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Just out of curiosity, are you saying nothing except that one moose has ever tried to attack you?   I get charged at a lot by bears.

That's what I'm saying, yes. I use the rifle for bears, and when I don't get an instant kill (ie most shots) they run away and I need to track them.

3 hours ago, javijungle said:

Just curious, how many hours of sleep did you put in, and was it in a basic sleeping bag or bed?

It looks like a game bug occurred during sleep, hunger can increase fatigue which also causes health condition decrease, but quite a long time should have passed for it to completely drain the condition due to the low condition consumption rate.

https://thelongdark.fandom.com/wiki/Fatigue

"Starvation
If a player remains starving for a long enough time, the maximal amount of rest that they can acquire will start to gradually decrease. It is noticed by the yellow exclamation mark that appears beside the eye icon and by the red colour that starts filling up the inside of the fatigue bar."

I slept in the plane, selecting the basic sleeping bag from the radial, and putting in 12 hours, which I routinely do (there really wasn't anything uncommon to my regular game experience about the circumstances I was in).

3 minutes ago, PilgrimReaper said:

That's what I'm saying, yes. I use the rifle for bears, and when I don't get an instant kill (ie most shots) they run away and I need to track them.

I slept in the plane, selecting the basic sleeping bag from the radial, and putting in 12 hours, which I routinely do (there really wasn't anything uncommon to my regular game experience about the circumstances I was in).

Well either you're very lucky or I'm not🙂.  That's why I started using the flare gun instead.  I've only used the rifle twice on bears in this run(nearly 200 days) and I've been charged at both times. It's pretty much the same on my previous runs too.  

5 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Well either you're very lucky or I'm not🙂.  That's why I started using the flare gun instead.  I've only used the rifle twice on bears in this run(nearly 200 days) and I've been charged at both times. It's pretty much the same on my previous runs too.  

Hmm sometimes I shoot, and they turn very slowly towards me. Is that a prelude to charging? I usually have time to shoot again, after which they run away.

28 minutes ago, PilgrimReaper said:

Hmm sometimes I shoot, and they turn very slowly towards me. Is that a prelude to charging? I usually have time to shoot again, after which they run away.

Sometimes it can be..    others they just start running... It's damn terrifying .😁