Do transmitter towers stay repaired?

(Very mild spoilers)

Someone in another thread mentioned fixing one of the 6 transmitter towers, and then it reverting to an unfixed state and needing another battery (that had to be hauled from another region 😭) after a while.

Can anyone confirm this is how the TFTFT works?

It is taking me weeks & weeks of in-game time (and plenty of real-world) time to cross all of Great Bear & fix these transmitters, including a sidequest to get a moose. I've only gotten 3 so far & on my way to the 4th.

I will absolutely cry if these things don't stay fixed because I really don't have the time to cross all the regions over & over.

This seems odd because in my quest journal it checks them off as I repair them. Would it become un-checked? Omg.

Is this a bug or? 🤞

Edited by Sherri

transmitters reverting to the original (unrepaired) state is listed on the known issues as a bug.

Tales Transponders repair state has been reset

Presentation: Some players may have noticed that previously fixed Transponders have reset their repair state after previously having been fixed. Interacting with Transponders will make it appear as if they still require components to repair.

Workaround: There are no player actions that need be taken, the TLD team is working to fix this issue and revert player progress to the proper state in an upcoming fix.

source: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/13754630088852-PC

Edited by AdamvR
Added link
  • Upvote 2

I've just checked one in pv and I can't interact with anything except the door.  I'm presuming the rest will be the same. It looks like once it's done once then that's it..  it doesn't look in nedd of repair either.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Like 1

Somewhat related - I do recall reading/hearing something about "annual maintenance" needed on the transmitters.  I intend to go back to FA once I've passed 365 in-game days since the repair to see if that's really true.

4 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Somewhat related - I do recall reading/hearing something about "annual maintenance" needed on the transmitters.  I intend to go back to FA once I've passed 365 in-game days since the repair to see if that's really true.

Oh man.

Really gonna need that travois to haul those darn batteries!

6 hours ago, Sherri said:

(Very mild spoilers)

Someone in another thread mentioned fixing one of the 6 transmitter towers, and then it reverting to an unfixed state and needing another battery (that had to be hauled from another region 😭) after a while.

Can anyone confirm this is how the TFTFT works?

It is taking me weeks & weeks of in-game time (and plenty of real-world) time to cross all of Great Bear & fix these transmitters, including a sidequest to get a moose. I've only gotten 3 so far & on my way to the 4th.

I will absolutely cry if these things don't stay fixed because I really don't have the time to cross all the regions over & over.

This seems odd because in my quest journal it checks them off as I repair them. Would it become un-checked? Omg.

Is this a bug or? 🤞

There was a bug a few weeks ago that reset Transmitters to an unrepaired state, however we resolved that issue in a recent update. If you encounter any problems, please don't hesitate to reach out! 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

On 5/8/2023 at 9:43 PM, Admin said:

There was a bug a few weeks ago that reset Transmitters to an unrepaired state, however we resolved that issue in a recent update. If you encounter any problems, please don't hesitate to reach out! 

Thanks @Admin for clearing that up and also updating the "Known Issues" page. Much appreciated!
(I also had a hunch of having read this was already resolved, but could not find it in the release notes I searched while I was composing my response above, and resorted to the "Known Issues" saying it was still a thing. Might have been looking at the wrong places or simply my ADD acting out:))

Edited by AdamvR

On 5/15/2023 at 1:58 AM, AdamvR said:

Thanks @Admin for clearing that up and also updating the "Known Issues" page. Much appreciated!
(I also had a hunch of having read this was already resolved, but could not find it in the release notes I searched while I was composing my response above, and resorted to the "Known Issues" saying it was still a thing. Might have been looking at the wrong places or simply my ADD acting out:))

Not a worry, and we certainly don't mind you checking in. Happy to help! 

• Upvote 1