Moose on the Loose???

Since the second installment of TFTFT... I've been seeing a staggering number of moose.

The most recent example was over the course of about three (maybe four?) days:
20230424200151_1.thumb.jpg.6778d4016ae1d5f5b32f7d1b18cc524a.jpg
Timberwolf Mountain

20230424202943_1.thumb.jpg.bed28a2af6d66d2f903b50f02f2bdeab.jpg
Same Day... Pleasant Valley

20230506120123_1.thumb.jpg.6d61c61379624b899fcea86088788acd.jpg
After about one and half days (or perhaps two days) of travel later...  Forlorn Muskeg  
[Worth noting that this particular snapshot was itself taken a couple of days later... but the point remains]

@Admin
I have submitted a ticket... but I'll ask here as well.
Are the team aware of and issue of Moose spawning in reckless abundance lately... or has this been an intended change they've implemented recently? 

:coffee::fire::coffee:
I know I'd mentioned this in a couple of other threads, and so have a couple of other posters... but I thought I would create a thread dedicated to the topic.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2

There's definitely an increase .. I've seen (and killed ) more moose than bears so far ..   I don't think there's a respawn problem though ,the moose at twm still took 60 days to return. .   but in 70 days I've killed 4  when I'm usually struggling to even see number two.

• Upvote 2

@Leeanda

More good science, I appreciate it.
image.thumb.png.3c43ef93b96d274d1c062dc345902ab4.png

To better clarify my question to the Admins, I wasn't intending to ask about the re-spawn rate... so much as I was questioning if more than the usual single moose was spawning on the map at a time. 

...Because there's either several moose spawning in several locations at one time... or the same moose is following the player.  In either case it feels like a bug. 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2

I did come across the moose in twm and then in the birch forest in pv on the same day so it is more than possible .  I still shouldnt be seeing that many .. I've got to have something to get frustrated about!😁

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

I can think of a way to test this, if the multiplayer mod is back up. Have two players in different regions, if they both encounter a moose within a week or so, then there are indeed multiple moose.

You can have multiple moose in the same game, and that's nothing new. In a non-modded game, a couple years ago (I think prior to Episode 3 actually) I encountered 3 moose back to back on my way from Mountain Town to Pleasant Valley. Milton Basin (moose #1), Marsh Ridge (moose #2), and near the trailers outside Carter Dam (moose #3).

I can also say I haven't noticed moose being any more frequent overall, although some spots do seem to be more reliable than others. I can frequently find two in Bleak Inlet practically right on top of one another, and that's nothing new. Frankly it's one of the few good reasons to spend any length of time there.

• Upvote 1