Snare bugs

MudFlap33

I've had some weird issues with rabbit snares. I'd collected a bunch of guts and reclaimed wood and went down to the workbench to make some snares. I had 21 of each (guts and reclaimed wood). I chose my quality tools to speed up the process. However, I only ended up making 11 snares before it told me I was out of components. I didn't have any more guts or reclaimed wood in my possession. It seems that making a snare takes one more of each component than it should.

Then, in placing the snares, I've had bugs. Twice now I've gone and harvested meat from rabbits, picked up the snare, and reset it somewhere nearby (though not right on top of the rabbit). About 10-15 hours later, I've come back out to find the snare back on top of the same rabbit's frozen corpse, again triggered.

Thanks.

Using play data from the previous update.

The bug happening when placing the snare does not happen all the time. Placing it further away from the corpse seems to help, but it still sometimes moves some distance to end up back on top of it.

I have the same issue with rabbit snares, and it happened at the start of the same video I am about to post for an unrelated UI bug. It was v.212 for me. Seems like the same previously harvested rabbit is chasing my snares around and setting them off, just like MudFlap33 said.

Here is the video, just at the start before I go into the Farmhouse. After that, there is another unrelated bug shown. I previously snared and harvested completely a rabbit in the same area, then reset the snare a few meters away from the carcass. This happened two more times during the filming of this 50 Day Challenge - Episode 8:

[bBvideo 560,340:1b5fddu7]

[/bBvideo]

I started a new fresh run after v213 hotfix and noticed the same bug when crafting snares. Then I made sure I had just one piece of reclaimed wood and one gut on my inventory and I could still craft a snare, so it doesn't need any more stuff to make than it used to.

If I have more resources than needed for one snare, it seems pretty random what it takes and what it leaves. On the first time I had stuff for two snares and it made one snare and used 1 reclaimed wood + 2 guts to make it, leaving 1 reclaimed wood left. After that I've made sure I have resources just for one snare and once that's crafted, then pick up the stuff needed for the second snare etc. etc.

Then, in placing the snares, I've had bugs. Twice now I've gone and harvested meat from rabbits, picked up the snare, and reset it somewhere nearby (though not right on top of the rabbit). About 10-15 hours later, I've come back out to find the snare back on top of the same rabbit's frozen corpse, again triggered.

I can confirm this. Just went first thing in the morning to check my snares and there was one rabbit in snare and 0kg meat and no hide either. Maybe some sneaky wolf ate it and I came just few mins too late to harvest it :mrgreen:

I'm gonna test traps one more time and if the snares are still bugged the same way, then no point trying untill Devs fix this.

So I tested the crafting portion of this post. Apparently, when using Quality Tools, the Time stays at 0.5 for crafting the snare, when Quality Tools lower the required time to 0.25. Essentially the Game thinks your making 2 Snares, so it uses twice as much ingredients, but still only gives you 1 snare in return.

Still working on the dead rabbit one

Jeremy

So I tested the crafting portion of this post. Apparently, when using Quality Tools, the Time stays at 0.5 for crafting the snare, when Quality Tools lower the required time to 0.25. Essentially the Game thinks your making 2 Snares, so it uses twice as much ingredients, but still only gives you 1 snare in return.

I never use any tools for making snares, for required time of 0.5 without tools is so short anyways. So no tools were used when it consumed twice the amount of ingredients needed for 1 snare.

Still working on the dead rabbit oneJeremy

This is good news! Work in progress... ;) I hope You get it fixed soon

Hello!

I've found a bug with crafting. Despite it has happened with Snare, i guess it would be with other short recipes.

I had 2x Guts and 2x Reclaimed woods.

On workbench i selected quality tools, so time to make Snare decreased from 0.5 to 0.25 hour.

I couldn't select time spend less then 0.5 hour.

So, i started crafting and got only one Snare.

And no Guts or Reclaimed woods in inventory. :cry: They had gone to the different world ))

The image after it all.

screen_ce259783_dd04_41ec_b2d1_2b8671fe92d5.jpg

Archived