My “Realistic” Difficulty Run

SuperStriker16

5 minutes ago, SuperStriker16 said:

It looks like I should be able to get over there, but I don’t know if it’s possible to get over the gap, does anyone know wether I should attempt to jump the gap, or is there another way around? I’m trying to not use online maps.

I fell down there ,and ended up goating the rest of the way.....my son's fault..

But I told him to run on his run  and he got over it just fine😊

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SuperStriker16 said:

Soooo…. You’re telling me that there are no invisible death barriers there? @Leeanda

That’s probably my biggest fear in TLD.

Not when I fell through ,no..

I took a bit of damage going the rest of the way down but didn't get stuck or anything.. no invisiwalls or anything else.

• Upvote 1

I decided to quite foolishly go and try to get to the weather station in a single aroura night. I was watching a YouTube video, not taking things too seriously, and decided that I could kill the aroura Timberwolves on the way to the weather station, and I got overwhelmed, they’re must’ve been 20 of them, 4 separate packs at least, and I killed or injured badly 12-15 of them, but I forgot that my ballistic vest was left behind, giving me 45% armor rather than 95% like I was so used to. Anyway, I ran past a injured and scared 2 pack with about 40% condition thinking that had to be the last of them, when I ran into a 5 or 6 pack of aurora Timberwolves with nowhere to hide and out of bandages, I shot one fatally, and fired 4 flares from my flare gun to no avail. I got in a close range tussle and picked up 2 bleeds that I couldn’t patch, and nothing I tried could scare them off, so yeah. I would have save scummed but I thought that it might save my death and could risk deleting the 90 days of hard work. So I decided to try the cheat death system and chose short term penalty and safe spawn, I’m now in broken railroad trying to recover in a makeshift base. It will be a long while before I can make an attempt to get my stuff.

• Upvote 2

Blimey that sounds like a total nightmare..   I know there's a lot of twolves but not that many.. 

Tough losing all that gear though..    I hope you can get back in track ..

Cheat death has its uses ... 

I tried a run just for that and honestly I thoroughly enjoyed it.. 

• Upvote 1

I recovered my pack, the amount of stuff I got was shameful, but the 2 most crushing things that happened is that my over 200 shell casings as well as my 150 rounds of ammo and my 140ish matches are missing, also my knife, hatchet, bedroll, etc are still missing, idk where the majority of my stuff went, but I’m going to find the exact place I died, because my pack was pretty far from where I actually died. If I can’t find all that stuff, I think I’ll just give up the run, as a bunch of important things would be permanently gone.

65d717ff-332d-434b-b9c0-b616d101fb30.thumb.png.2e91f213c3214a88936afb1a6a9e7af3.png

• Upvote 1

No other items could be recovered, which makes no sense to me, I finally made it to the weather station, but permanently loosing so much valuable gear has really done it in for me, and I don’t really see a point in continuing this run, I might complete tales since I’m right here, but I’m not going to stick with this run after that. I think I’ll make a new stalker run since custom runs are having all these issues.

• Upvote 1