Found something I wasn't expecting in my Custom run

xanna

I'm playing a Custom run with the Base Resource Allocation set to low (ie Interloper setting). I found something from the new update I wasn't expecting to be available!
Spoilers for Signal Void

I found a crashed plane in Mystery Lake! I gather that new crashed aircraft is part of what the Tale leads you to, so I wasn't expecting to find any, as I think I am locked out of Tales by my settings. I haven't been back up to the Forsaken Airfield to check yet.

screen_6f652ba3-2b01-4bc2-9ff2-e382057d1351_hi.thumb.png.9a694f6bd2965fb736406336d12ca913.png

I didn't get much from it, but it was so fun to find something new in such a familiar place.
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

That was the first place I found, although it doesn't appear to be there in my current ML start (unless I'm totally lost... walked around the hill the forest looking is one for ages and didn't spot it).

I think it's always there...it's under the Forestry Lookout.

2 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

I think it's always there...it's under the Forestry Lookout.

That's where I've was looking.  The first time I found it on a previous start, I climbed up the steep hill right by the train cars (a short cut I often used in the past to get onto the path that winds it's way up to the lookout.  I started seeing burned and broken trees and had no trouble walking right to it.  This time, it just doesn't seem to be there.  I'm starting to think the game on my system is unstable (loses the update completely).  I've had memento keys that didn't spawn in, weak ice that used the old notification rather than the new animation... things like that.  This missing plane might just be another related thing.  I even did a total uninstall and reinstall, but these bugs are still happening after that.... and I'm on a relatively new Xbox Series X (not the Xbox One I was on before).  Not much more I can do except try another ML start and see how it compares.

ETA:  Finally saw the error of my ways... I forgot about the rock arch I went under just before seeing the burned area (and I assumed there were burned trees around, but it seems to be just a burned area in the snow).  Anyway, I found the arch and the path to the plane... it is there.  Thanks.

Edited by UpUpAway95