XBox & Play Anywhere (TFTFT)

Hi all, just wanted to post here to give a warning about losing saved games with Xbox play anywhere. I went to try out playing TLD on my pc as I play on Xbox one s. Game and  newest update loaded fine but TFTFT content didn't have access as I had to "pay" for it but I have it on Xbox same as previously posted. I reinstalled the game on pc to see if that would help but all it did was refresh the entire game. Went back to Xbox box to find that Xbox cloud took the blank save from pc and saved over the current file wiping all saves and progress. My Xbox version was reset to a new install, no saves, no feats, nothing. Pretty upset that I lost a very good 200+ day save and all badges/feats are gone. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2023 at 11:20 PM, Outdoors Guy said:

Hi all, just wanted to post here to give a warning about losing saved games with Xbox play anywhere. I went to try out playing TLD on my pc as I play on Xbox one s. Game and  newest update loaded fine but TFTFT content didn't have access as I had to "pay" for it but I have it on Xbox same as previously posted. I reinstalled the game on pc to see if that would help but all it did was refresh the entire game. Went back to Xbox box to find that Xbox cloud took the blank save from pc and saved over the current file wiping all saves and progress. My Xbox version was reset to a new install, no saves, no feats, nothing. Pretty upset that I lost a very good 200+ day save and all badges/feats are gone. 

ive been able to restore some of my deaths from that method, die on pc and have xbox sync the save over, and just keep playing like i never died. althought you are limited to the last time you played on xbox, so anything you did on pc got wiped. its weird that pc completly wiped all of your stuff, ive had that happen, but only when im on a diffrent patch from xbox.  good to know. goodluck in grinding for it all back.

Any update on this?  I'm still being asked to pay for the Xbox X "version" of the DLC when I've already purchased it through the XBOX app on PC.  Now that the game won't go passed the disclaimer screen on the Play Anywhere version I'd like to continue my save on XBOX.  From the looks of it I should be afraid to do that, too.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2023 at 8:05 PM, Admin said:

Thank you for reaching out. Yes, THE LONG DARK and TALES will be available via Play Anywhere. Please reach out if you have any additional questions! 

@Admin about 9 months ago, you confirmed that The Long Dark and Tales would be available via Play Anywhere...

We're still waiting.

Beyond the "We're looking into it", we've had no feedback as to what is causing this and what the solutions might be.
I understand that it might not be a priority... I don't know how many XBox players also play on their PCs, but please tell us that.

As it is, I can't play The Long Dark on my PC at all, because I have Tales on the XBox.

Please give us some meaningful feedback.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, they deserve time off. Absolutely. It's just that we've been dealing with this problem since April 2023.

TLD is Play Anywhere on Microsoft, so I can play it on my PC and also my X-Box. It was glorious. I happened to buy the DLC while I was on my X-Box. I cannot play the game with the DLC on my PC. Further, I'm not going to try and play on my PC because cloud saving could jack up my XBox saves. 

We have not been able to enjoy the game on our PC since April 2023. It's not too much to ask for a check-in, even if it's still "Microsoft can't get their act together."

• Upvote 1

On 1/14/2024 at 9:35 AM, Zeke said:

I just gave up and bought the game TTFT on PC. 

Hey @Zeke,
Does it work?
Can you play the same save on both XBox and PC?

I've been thinking about just buying it, but am concerned that there may be version conflict with them being completely separate games (at least on the MS Store)

• Upvote 1

On 1/19/2024 at 2:36 PM, Captain Jamesy said:

Hey @Zeke,
Does it work?
Can you play the same save on both XBox and PC?

I've been thinking about just buying it, but am concerned that there may be version conflict with them being completely separate games (at least on the MS Store)

It works. I just transfer from time to time. Depends on where I am. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/12/2024 at 11:11 PM, CrankyPants said:

Yes, they deserve time off. Absolutely. It's just that we've been dealing with this problem since April 2023.

TLD is Play Anywhere on Microsoft, so I can play it on my PC and also my X-Box. It was glorious. I happened to buy the DLC while I was on my X-Box. I cannot play the game with the DLC on my PC. Further, I'm not going to try and play on my PC because cloud saving could jack up my XBox saves. 

We have not been able to enjoy the game on our PC since April 2023. It's not too much to ask for a check-in, even if it's still "Microsoft can't get their act together."

i have the same problem. Hinterland please fix it.

Edited by fuma
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Admin,

We're rapidly approaching the 1 yr anniversary of breaking Xbox Play Anywhere with the release of separate TFTFT versions for XBox and PC on the MS Store.

We're still waiting for an update as to whether this will be fixed, or to get on and just buy TFTFT twice and it'll work.

Here's hoping we get an answer as an anniversary present...

On 3/4/2024 at 2:31 PM, Captain Jamesy said:

Hi @Admin,

We're rapidly approaching the 1 yr anniversary of breaking Xbox Play Anywhere with the release of separate TFTFT versions for XBox and PC on the MS Store.

We're still waiting for an update as to whether this will be fixed, or to get on and just buy TFTFT twice and it'll work.

Here's hoping we get an answer as an anniversary present...

It'll work. I can assure you. Just kinda sucks that I needed to buy it twice. 

• 2 weeks later...

We're going to need to throw a birthday party for this problem in a couple of weeks. Should we invite @Admin😜 🎂

Edited by CrankyPants
I got anxious that it sounded rude. I'm a cranky pants, not a rude pants.

Hi everyone, sorry to hear there's still an issue with this. 

The best way for the team to support and keep track of the number of issues with this is to submit a ticket through our Support Portal: hinterlandgames.com/support

If you already submitted a support ticket and haven't received a respond, please let me know.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2024 at 3:45 PM, Admin said:

Hi everyone, sorry to hear there's still an issue with this. 

The best way for the team to support and keep track of the number of issues with this is to submit a ticket through our Support Portal: hinterlandgames.com/support

If you already submitted a support ticket and haven't received a respond, please let me know.

Hi, I submitted a ticket back in Nov 2023 for this issue and also where Microsoft cloud save over wrote the Xbox version and basically wiped all game stats as if it was new a game. Never heard back on that. 

• Upvote 1