XBox & Play Anywhere (TFTFT)

Thank you for the response guys. I appreciate the acknowledgement that you know this is an issue the you are working on. 

Now that I know it is on your radar I feel confident that that it will be addressed.  Please keep us apprised of any updates, whether they be good or bad.

I'll tell ya, I'm getting tired of playing Duskers while waiting for this update. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2023 at 5:11 PM, Francious70 said:

Thank you Admin.

I can confirm the base game update is available through Windows Store now. I had to uninstall, and redownload the whole game but it is version 2.16

Thank you for confirming! 

On 5/5/2023 at 6:23 PM, Admin said:

UPDATE: You can now access TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY via Xbox for PC/Play Anywhere! 

If you run into any difficulties, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you, Survivors! 

Thanks @Admin, I've uninstalled and reinstalled and now have base game at 2.16 as well.

However, it still seems to want me to pay for TFTFT a second time in order to download the expansion.

Saved runs from XBox are also unloadable onto PC as they have TFTFT content.

Not sure if that is a Long Dark / Microsoft / Me  or combination issue... Or are we meant to pay for the expansion twice?

2 hours ago, Captain Jamesy said:

Thanks @Admin, I've uninstalled and reinstalled and now have base game at 2.16 as well.

However, it still seems to want me to pay for TFTFT a second time in order to download the expansion.

Saved runs from XBox are also unloadable onto PC as they have TFTFT content.

Not sure if that is a Long Dark / Microsoft / Me  or combination issue... Or are we meant to pay for the expansion twice?

Hi @Captain Jamesy -- We certainly don't want you to pay twice! This doesn't appear to be a widespread issue, but we have seen one or two cases. This is likely a license issue, which means you would have the best results by contacting Microsoft first for a resolution. If they are unable to provide assistance, then we are also happy to look into this for you. 

After reinstalling i have at least the lastest game version but no DLC for me too. The DLC is still not marked as "PlayAnywhere" in the Xbox Store, thats the reason we can not download it for PC.

Edited by niche2k

On 5/12/2023 at 5:25 AM, niche2k said:

After reinstalling i have at least the lastest game version but no DLC for me too. The DLC is still not marked as "PlayAnywhere" in the Xbox Store, thats the reason we can not download it for PC.

Thank you for this information. We're currently investigating this. 

On 5/10/2023 at 6:49 PM, Admin said:

Hi @Captain Jamesy -- We certainly don't want you to pay twice! This doesn't appear to be a widespread issue, but we have seen one or two cases. This is likely a license issue, which means you would have the best results by contacting Microsoft first for a resolution. If they are unable to provide assistance, then we are also happy to look into this for you. 

I’ve ran into the same issue. Microsoft said that we would have to purchase once for Xbox and once for pc to play them there, since it’s not marked as Xbox play anywhere like the game. I called twice to confirm 

IMG_1035.jpeg

On 5/17/2023 at 12:22 AM, J_F said:

Same issue here.

There are still two versions of TFTFT in Microsoft store - one for XBOX and one for PC - with different release dates.

TFTFT_pc.jpg

TFTFT_xbox.jpg

Thank you for the additional information. We are following up and continuing to investigate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I noticed you have released Part 3 of the TFTFT expansion - are there any news on the play anywhere issue? I still cant install TFTFT on my PC. Only the base game is working.

Regards J_F

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, J_F said:

I still cant install TFTFT on my PC

I have the opposite problem - I can't install TFTFT on my Xbox as I have apparently purchased the "PC version". I have no proof, but I would swear that at the time of purchase (6th May) I did so having seen the 'Xbox Play Anywhere' logo on the Xbox Store page for TFTFT.

Am hoping Hinterland are able to get in touch with Microsoft soon to resolve what seems to be a relatively straightforward Xbox Store issue!

Edited by ChcknSrpryz
  • Upvote 1

@Admin, Still no change in the status of TFTFT PlayAnywhere problem and no update of any progress... I guess it's more of a problem than it looks, or there just aren't enough XBox & PC players to warrant fixing.

Personally, I'm finding the episodic drop of TFTFT updates disrupting... the latest TFTFT changes have made me want to restart my current run... so, I think I am going to give up for now... maybe this'll be sorted by the end of the year...

If not (or we're told that XBox & PC are going to remain as separate purchases) then maybe there'll be a sale in which I'll also buy the PC version.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/6/2023 at 11:29 PM, Admin said:

We have been working with Microsoft to get more information. We completely understand that this is frustrating, and we hope to have more information to share soon. 

Just to keep this up - play anywhere is still not working! 

Regards

J_F

• 3 weeks later...

We have been working with Microsoft to get more information. We completely understand that this is frustrating, and we hope to have more information to share soon. 

It's been another month - so do you by any chance "have more information to share" ? 

Regards

J_F

• 3 weeks later...

@AdminAny chance of an update to this issue?

J_F

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2023 at 7:29 AM, Admin said:

Hi @Admin, what's the current status of this issue please? Did Microsoft respond at all, or is Hinterland still waiting?

It's been months and we haven't heard anything... even if Hinterland is still waiting, that's something we'd appreciate an update about!

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...