Game Rant article from the furture?

RegentRelic

I was looking up the road map and came across this article from the future The Long Dark: Best Things Added By The Tales From The Far Territory Expansion (gamerant.com)

Goes to show the integrity of games "journalists" when they can confidently report on something that doesn't exist.

Ah yes, a ptarmigan!

image.png.dfeb01a8420a20e7ab43ae9df7c9c0e2.png

Mountain Town, Mountain Pass. How could you expect them to know the difference.

image.png.0ce1095b46ec62b09d4a066af22a58b6.png

They had a picture of the handheld shortwave. Instead they decided that Milton was a much better representation.

image.jpeg.700e7b0f3eb888a1a6f38baf2aad3d5a.jpeg

I did a reverse image search and they've been using this image for random stuff for the last ten years.

image.png.b0e1fcaab6b6ab10f656f60f579d8558.png

• Upvote 2

i clicked on the article just to see that these images were added to loosen up the text instead of letting it become a wall of text. The images are just for cosmetic reasons and if you read the article (just looking at the text is enough) it's getting more clearly. The way you edit the images (writing the features in the images) is at least misleading.

On 1/20/2023 at 2:51 AM, Karl Grylls said:

i clicked on the article just to see that these images were added to loosen up the text instead of letting it become a wall of text. The images are just for cosmetic reasons and if you read the article (just looking at the text is enough) it's getting more clearly. The way you edit the images (writing the features in the images) is at least misleading.

The article was updated late Thursday/Friday for clarity, but the original was a bit confusing as many of those features are not yet in the game. We'll certainly warn you before we introduce the cougar (and other new features in the Expansion Pass as well). 

On 1/24/2023 at 11:42 PM, Admin said:

The article was updated late Thursday/Friday for clarity, but the original was a bit confusing as many of those features are not yet in the game. We'll certainly warn you before we introduce the cougar (and other new features in the Expansion Pass as well). 

Could you also warn us before you introduce the cougar in game, as well? Perhaps with Raph walking on to the screen Rod Serling style to quietly and calmly warn us that there might be a cougar. Because otherwise I don't think my nerves will be able to take it. 

• Upvote 2