Airfield "shortcut"

This is shortly after entering the zone but before you reach the rabbits.  Once you're on top (where my video ends), I'll leave the rest to your exploration skills but you should be able to drop down very close to the hangar.  There is one other tricky area where you jump back over the road to a slightly higher ledge.  Maneuvering will eventually get you over that as well - it can be done.

• Upvote 3

I call that path that goes from  south of the airfield hangar up over the top of that ridge the high path. It's too bad there's no cave up there, it'd be all right to be able to pass a night on the high path when necessary; the first time I found that path (from the airfield side) it went to an evening glimmer fog while I was way up there and it was pretty intense.

On 1/17/2023 at 3:49 PM, hozz1235 said:

I just discovered an easier shortcut to the High Path.  The very first tree after transitioning in, you can get on that and jump from one of the branches.

I have just tried that a few times, and repeatedly failed 🤕.

Thanks.  I tried doing exactly what you did, along the same branches but never got across the jump.  I sprained everything that would sprain and ran out of bandages.   I also tried the other shortcut you suggested without watching your video.  I  failed on that too.  I shall try both again just for completeness. 

After falling back into the gorge I couldn't work out which way was to the airfield and which way to Transfer Pass.  I need to leave markers along the gorge so I know which way is which.

To make up for that I re-found the original shortcut that I lost.

I was returning to the airfield wanting to kill the moose and the western bear.  I failed with those objectives too.  Very early in the game I found both bears and the moose but haven't seen them since when I have returned well equipped.

I also wanted to find and map the ravine that  DaGnome91  mentioned in another post I failed with that too 🤕, in spite of my having covered and mapped almost every bit of the region.

I tried the first shortcut in the airfield region, climbing out of the gorge, when I concentrated it wasn't difficult.  I did not use it to go through to the actual airfield so I am not sure if the shortcut works both ways.

There seemed to be a few possible places from where the gorge can be climbed out.  I didn't investigate any of these.

4 hours ago, JackTrysGames said:

So you'll take the high road

And I'll take the low road

And I'll be in Scotland before ye

You don't sound as if you are from Scotland.

O ye'll tak' the high road, and I'll tak' the low road,
And I'll be in Scotland afore ye,

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1