Indoor, in-cave fires

acada

I have to say, one thing is not nice in the game. The restriction of indoor fires. I get it for cottages and small buildings. One would not start a fire in such places. But what about big indoor location like the Forsaken Airfield hangar. This space is so big, so I suspect , there is no air exchange problem. 

And for the caves? Why not to start fire in cave? Or at least certain places in cave. Like the intrance. Or some caves have the ceilnig collapsed. This would vent just nice.

Or we can have some kind of risk when you start indoor in-cave fire. The fire would have some pollution index. And the space would have ventilation index. Small cottages or such places would have the ventilation index so low so the character would refuse to light a fire there. Some places like cave entrance or collapsed celing spots would have the ventilation index so high, so there would not be any problem to start any amounts of campfires. But the area between could be like "If you start one campfire here. it would increase the suffocation risk xy% per hour". And if you start two or more campfires, the pollution index would add. If you want it more interesting, the fire pollution could vary slightly during the fire time. So one could not count exactly for how long the fire in the place would be safe. And if one would not pay attention to suffocation risk. Well we already have the affliction. I would say 2 minutes to vacate the polluted space? Extinguishing the fire would not do any good.

I know it is whole new mechanic. But I am just rolling my eyes every time I stand in cave entrance or the collapsed part of cave or newly in the hangar and get the message indoor fires are not possible.

• Upvote 1

By caves I mean those with loading screen. If I am not mistaken, you cannot start fire there. Only on already presen campfire. Some mines have firebarel. So if these are present, why I cant start mine.

Or I can be mistaken and fire cannot be started in mines only?

Edited by acada

25 minutes ago, acada said:

By caves I mean those with loading screen. If I am not mistaken, you cannot start fire there. Only on already presen campfire. Some mines have firebarel. So if these are present, why I cant start mine.

Or I can be mistaken and fire cannot be started in mines only?

You can have fires in caves, loading screen or not. But you can't have your own fire in a mine.
It's the cave/mine distinction that makes the difference.

• Upvote 2

So when you tried to place the campfire, it was green and just did not go into place or it was red and the game said "invalid location" or "too windy to place a fire here"?  Off-hand I do not recall if another reason the game may give for not placing a campfire is "too close to another object (even there was no obvious object to be close to)"?  

I remember "too windy to place a fire here" when I wanted to place a campfire on top of a large rock (under the Fishing Village dock in Coastal Highway) and the game said "nope, nice try".  😄