A deadly hunter, the Cougar stalks the rocky crags and ravines around Great Bear and may be your greatest nemesis yet.

This means cougar skins, right?  That means cougar-skin clothing, right?? 

If there is a cougar-skin coat, you'd think it would have a fear effect on wolves? https://www.outdoorlife.com/conservation/cougars-killing-wolves-in-washington/

Cougar-meat steaks!!

Wonder if there will be a struggle effect (like wolves), bite n' run (like timberwolves) or full-on assault (like bear)?

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

I figured they would have it behave like wolf and bear (carnivore) meat.

well, that would be the quickest and easiest way for them to do it.
I figured with tape worms, they could make it so you were constantly hungry and needed to eat all the time and missing any meals, the first thing you'd lose is your well fed benefit and a player couldn't get it back until he took the dewormer medicine.  which by the way is only available from the Trader...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

This means cougar skins, right?  That means cougar-skin clothing, right??

My guess is cougar thermo underwear, hopefully not another coat.

Not sure though how they are going to implement the game mechanics for it. It's a stealthy and silent killer, in the real world you most likely won't ever see it coming should it choose to attack. Will we have to check every tree and ledge in fear of an attack out of nowhere, will it make its presence known with sounds, will we get headgear with eyes painted on the back?

Also, I am already in fight or flight mode whenever I hear a dog barking thanks to 8 years of TLD, are they now going to make me afraid of cat meowing? 😟

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1