Reason to play?

hozz1235

2 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Not sure about the rest of you, but since the announcement that all prior saves will not carry over to the "new game", I've kind of lost my will to play until the "new game" comes out.

I'm actually the opposite. Even though I was hoping this run would be a personal best in duration, I feel liberated by knowing it will disappear in a way not of my making.

As a result I'm enjoying running round like a lunatic doing as much as I can. Sure it is encouraging me to be rather reckless at times, but I'm grabbing the opportunity to go for it and damn the consequences. I've learned quite a lot about my skills and what I'm capable of.

I think if I had to start a new run I would feel more like you Hozz. Although I might do something insane like try Interloper 🤷‍♀️😁

Personally, after this announcement I've GAINED the will to play. I wanted to get the Faithful Cartographer achievement eventuallybut now, when I know I'm on a timer (admittedly, there's still more than a month left) I really picked up the pace.

And with the winter approaching, when is the better time to dive back into the long dark? 

Once I'm done with the Faithful Cartographer, I'll probably try and complete all the challenges. In the past, I've only really finished Hunted 1, and Whiteout. 

Edited by Ghurcb

9 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Not sure about the rest of you, but since the announcement that all prior saves will not carry over to the "new game", I've kind of lost my will to play until the "new game" comes out.

Shame that we will loose the saves but i was planning to make a new run anyway after i finish my challenge.

Originally i wanted to make a 1000 day interloper run and i failed twice at day 748 and 300....

After that i decided to modify the run and started the "100 days in each region without leaving it " and i almost finished it. Have to update the diary on the forum but i have finished the AC region and moved to HRV and currently on day 30 ish there with 2 bears and a moose hunted and 100% of territory scoped. I think ill finish it by the end of sunday this weekend and i will have only Desolation point left and I will call the run a succes and leave it. I was thinking about kiilling my character just before the update hits in some way -havent thought how i will do it.

Anyway this keeps me going still (i was hoping to finish it before the update) and after that i will have at least 3 months time before console version hits. By this time im going to make only NoGOA runs bcoz i still suck at it and want to learn to overcome it like i did Interloper.

6 hours ago, Sgt Socks said:

Although I might do something insane like try Interloper 🤷‍♀️😁

Cmon its not that hard. And when it starts to work it feels very rewarding. You should try it and dont quit after you die on day 1. Just start again and remeber : Keep on moving !

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, James Hickok said:

Cmon its not that hard. And when it starts to work it feels very rewarding. You should try it and dont quit after you die on day 1. Just start again and remeber : Keep on moving !

Its not so much the difficulty thst bothers me. I'm sure I'd get the hang of it eventually as I am still a decent gamer.

The problem is there's so little loot - a committed loot goblin like myself finds that most unappealing. I do have my loot set to Stalker levels and that feels about right for me.

I also don't want to have to continually stop and start to keep warm. I love wandering about in the world enjoying the scenery; until a wolf of bear makes an appearance that is. 

I probably will have a go just for the hell of it, but I seriously doubt it will suit me 🤷‍♀️

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, RegentRelic said:

Such is the way of things.

Thanks for that insightful, thought-provoking comment ;)

I'm glad to hear the rest of you are finding ways to continue playing.  TBH, even prior to the DD, I really wasn't playing much.  I'm sure once the new game is released, I'll make up for it though!

• Upvote 1

Haven't you been playing since day one?   I should imagine it loses a bit of it's thrill after a certain amount of time..

I go through phases of not being in the mood to play it so just go to my only other long standing game for a break.

It's good to refresh every so often.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Haven't you been playing since day one?   I should imagine it loses a bit of it's thrill after a certain amount of time..

I go through phases of not being in the mood to play it so just go to my only other long standing game for a break.

It's good to refresh every so often.

^^ what she said 

Just now, hozz1235 said:

I need something to accomplish in a game.  I'm old-school, wherein there was always a "quest" to do.  I've managed to keep myself busy enough to keep playing, but lately, kind of run out of "quests" to do.

What level do  you play on?    You could mix up the custom settings ,see what happens..  try experiments like where not to goat?😁

On 10/26/2022 at 1:44 AM, hozz1235 said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. My survival save is 1.5 - 2 years old. I still play the same one everytime....and all will be lost. :(

I'm in BRM at the moment with a big load of cooked Deer. Gonna pick it all up and make my way back to TWM, camp at the hut for a few days and watch the weather, then back to PV farmhouse for a while for old time sake, then off to my CH base to admire all my loot. Maybe fix up all my hacksaws to 100% then stand on the porch and watch the sunset.

Can't wait to start a new run with DLC!!!!

• Upvote 2