The Encumbered Diaries - Part One

Sgt Socks

1 hour ago, Sgt Socks said:

You've got to stop making me snort laugh! 😄😄😄

But you are *absolutely right*. We don't even need to create a new weapon! 😁😇

Ohhhh....I hadn't even thought of that. I am rude to the salesmen because I cannot abide uninvited intrusions.... oh dear, that does not bode well for the future! 😳

Bless you chick 🧡 I do feel better about it today. It wasn't a good day all round yesterday and it was just the poopy icing on the poopy cake.

Buuuuut you are right! I am looking forward to my Ash challenge. Going to work out the settings I want this morning after brekkie then will get started straight away 😊 

I really don't know Ash at all, only twice having gone up the east side straight to the mine then back to TWM. If there's a few buildings to spruce up then I'm looking forward to it even more! And yes I've got the candle mod, let's just hope I can find a knife to help me harvest enough fat to make them!

If you get close enough to miners folly beware yogi,but he will certainly have plenty of fat for those candles.  

I'm glad you're feeling better today,and back in fighting mode...  I can sympathize with you ,my last few days have certainly been challenging to say the least.. 

Good luck in ash🙂

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

If you get close enough to miners folly beware yogi,but he will certainly have plenty of fat for those candles.  

I got him! Won't say too much as I need to write up a new diary, but Socks has avenged her encounter with the big boss bear 😁

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I'm glad you're feeling better today,and back in fighting mode...  I can sympathize with you ,my last few days have certainly been challenging to say the least.. 

You know where I am 🧡❤️💙💚

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, conanjaguar said:

@Sgt Socks

Good to see you throw the hat in the ring on something!

Will your “Ash” challenge be similar to the “snowball” one region ‘Loper Runs attempted by @Drifter Man?

Snowball? What kind of run is that?

My Ash challenge certainly isn't a Loper run! Loper does not appeal to me in the slightest.

The conditions aren't crazy challenging, as the main goal is to learn the region as this is only the second time I've been there. The fact it is effectively a new region to me is the biggest part of the challenge. But I cannot leave Ash, my goal is to survive 50 days, but judging by how hard the first 5 days have been I think I had better just aim to survive as long as possible! 😳

34 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

Snowball? What kind of run is that?

My Ash challenge certainly isn't a Loper run! Loper does not appeal to me in the slightest.

The conditions aren't crazy challenging, as the main goal is to learn the region as this is only the second time I've been there. The fact it is effectively a new region to me is the biggest part of the challenge. But I cannot leave Ash, my goal is to survive 50 days, but judging by how hard the first 5 days have been I think I had better just aim to survive as long as possible! 😳

Okay, so, yes, a non-loper Snowball :).

It should be an interesting read; I’ll look forward to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt Socks said:

I got him! Won't say too much as I need to write up a new diary, but Socks has avenged her encounter with the big boss bear 😁

You know where I am 🧡❤️💙💚

Congrats🙂.   He's a tricky one that  one. Not much room for escape near his den.  Still, you showed him who's boss .  🙂  doubt his henchmen will take any time off though.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 1:13 AM, Sgt Socks said:

I'm all for anything that will help take them down! My only concern is that a spear would be rather close quarters would it not? I'd really rather not get too close to one of those beasts 😳 But as a last ditch weapon to possibly save myself from an encounter like this? Then absolutely yes! 

Good Point!  Perhaps HL could make a new achievement for it :)

8 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Good Point!  Perhaps HL could make a new achievement for it :)

Excellent idea Hozz! 👍 Although I could probably do with my own achievement - "Not impaling yourself on the bear spear by mistake" 😁

Ps I hope you can come and join me on my new adventure in Ash Canyon. Your company would be super 😊

Edited by Sgt Socks